KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd love to address all the current 790R owners. I'm seriously thinking about which 790 to choose.

Briefing:
I am 178cm (5′ 10)
I can pretty comfortably flat-foot 790S.
I can't flat-foot 790R - but I can reach the ground with my both toes.

My 2 humble questions for you:
1. What's your height?
2. Can you flat-foot it?
3. (bonus for me) - would you recommend someone my height the R? (I love off-roading, therefore I'm trying to love the R, not the S :) )

·
Registered
4,599 Posts
i am close to 6ft but have a friend who has a 790r and hes about 5ft9" he ended up getting a lowered comfort seat with 25mm cut off and he said its much better than a stock seat and comfy

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Im 5ft 7, have low seat and off road the bike.
I ride enduro bikes and have 1200gslc too so im use to tall bikes.
Just ride it and it will feel normal when you get use to it.

Feet should be on the pegs until you stop anyway

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When you are doing singleTrail - sometimes you have to stop in an "unexpected" places, some of them have a dip under your feet which is unexpected too :)

and from here - cascade effect kicks in - resulting in sudden tip-over :D

at least this is a pretty frequent thing with my 2-stroke Husky... not sure how deep would be able to ride 790R :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
176.5cm (that extra 0.5 counts!) and have found the R fine. Was considering going for the lowered seat but thought I'd give it a go as stock and see how it went. Have had just over a year and it is fine so long as I'm wearing boots (as I always do) but as I get tired I think I'd appreciate a lower seat.

I am hoping dealer may have a seat in stock at some time so I could try it out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
While it's not a 790 I found dropping the front of my bike an inch through the triple clamps worked well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts