KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bike is a late 2018 and has akrapovic exhaust, tail tidy, camel 1 finger clutch kit and my ride module and has covered just over 1200 dry miles and just had its second service. Has all the standard features like quick shifter etc.
I am downsizing for a new bike and could get a marginally better deal without a trade in so if anyone is interested before the end of the month then the trade in offer is £7100. I wouldn't normally bother with a private sale.

It is a great bike its just the dual seat is not to the misses liking and I wont be getting much more use out of it.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Plant

I will take some more photos at the weekend if required

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it is a good deal but there is a similar one on ebay with 3000+ miles for £8500 all be it 6 month newer and quite a few with a standard exhaust that are higher priced. I think the exhaust was around £750.
I'm not fussed either way if no one wants it on here.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Yes it is a good deal but there is a similar one on ebay with 3000+ miles for £8500 all be it 6 month newer and quite a few with a standard exhaust that are higher priced. I think the exhaust was around £750.
Might be time to sell mine if they’re fetching that much, when I asked about trade in I was being offered 5ish for a 19 plate 5000 miler.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’ve just mentally checked my calculations and I think I’ve made a mistake but I’m travelling for a couple of days so will get the calculator out when I get back.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I’ve just mentally checked my calculations and I think I’ve made a mistake but I’m travelling for a couple of days so will get the calculator out when I get back.
Sorry not trying to be an arse and mess your sale up It’s the trade in price that has stopped me swapping mine.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not at all, I looked this morning online and there weren’t many for sale and over half more than I was quoted.
It is part of a 2 bike deal and I’m now not entirely sure if I’ve got the maths right.
like I said, would normally just go with the trade in but thought that some one in here might want it as it is barely run in.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, checked my maths and it was £6100 with the standard exhaust. So that price with it and £6500 with the akra

·
Registered
383 Posts
The one on eBay has a full Akrapovic list price around £2150 i still think anything over £7000 for a 790 is going to struggle selling.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
The problem with trade in prices is that you might of got an inflated trade in and the dealer is using some of the profit in the new bike to inflate the offer, whereas if you ha been doing a straight purchase he might of given you a grand off.

I always talk about best price with no trade in and look to sell private.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts