KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes - It's just started happening..

My 950 '04 adv clutch now sounds like a nest of small chirruping birds when I engage the clutch setting off in 1st..

No grabbiness or anything but it's only fully engaged right at the end of level travel..

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Yes - It's just started happening..

My 950 '04 adv clutch now sounds like a nest of small chirruping birds when I engage the clutch setting off in 1st..

No grabbiness or anything but it's only fully engaged right at the end of level travel..

Any ideas?
it's only a 15 minute job to strip it .............. not even messy with the bike on the side stand hardly any oil loss.

get in there and have a look whats going on

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
No big amount oil loss on the sidestand either.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Blocked clutch oil jet maybe???

Seams to happen with very tedious regularity on mine, gets all nasty and grabby when cold, clean jet, then good to go for another 1,000 miles or so.

Don't know if it's the same thing.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Blocked clutch oil jet maybe???

Seams to happen with very tedious regularity on mine, gets all nasty and grabby when cold, clean jet, then good to go for another 1,000 miles or so.

Don't know if it's the same thing.
Hmm, seems like I just need to take it apart and see what's going on inside.

The clutch has only got 20k on it but perhaps with this bike it could be worn - thanks for the suggestions though..

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Hmm, seems like I just need to take it apart and see what's going on inside.

The clutch has only got 20k on it but perhaps with this bike it could be worn - thanks for the suggestions though..
You could try a bigger oil jet , a lot of the Advrider guys have done it

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
You could try a bigger oil jet , a lot of the Advrider guys have done it
I fitted a larger jet - but can't remember what size :rolleyes: there's a thread on here somewhere ;)

I think it was a 60 - but don't quote me.

Anyway - has made neutral slighter more fiddly to find at times - otherwise no problems and I reckon there is now more oil in the clutch housing. last time I took the cover off everything was wet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts