KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2007 SE shows all bars constantly on the instrument panel for fuel level regardless of amount of fuel in the tank. When the orange waring light comes on its only used around 8 litres. I have taken the fuel sensor out and when unplugged there is no change on the dash display - all bars remain. Wiring looks to be all good. So regardless of whether the sensor is connected there is no change in the display (all bars shown). The bike is heavy enough without having too much fuel, so it would be nice to know where the level is for each lap to save a few kilos. A new sensor is around £70 so if he problem is elsewhere ideally I would like to eliminate it. Any one had similar issues with the SE, think 990 Adv and SM are all different.

I will wait for the wise cracks re not likely to be able to fill it any time soon so don't worry.......

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thought it was a fuel gauge far left of display broken black line top to bottom or is that just the indicator for how high the temp gauge will go? Broke my knee during practice day Sunday on the TPI so banned from garage at mo so cant post an image .... but your 2 replies probably saved me £70 cheers.

·
Premium Member
31,559 Posts
I see your traffic light warning is stuck on, it's just under the fuel level gauge ;)

Reactions: Ship
1 - 7 of 7 Posts