KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother has a 950 SE.
It has had new air filter, new plugs. It has fuel cans and has had the SAS and EPC mods done. It has 8,000 miles on the clock.

The problem is that it pops back through the carbs when at a low revs in any gear.
In the past it has popped and then stalled twice but seems to run fine after that.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Try and reseat the spark plug caps, failing that hang on until the 9000mile service and check the valve gaps.

·
Registered
272 Posts
You could be running a bit on the lean side. The spark plugs might show - do you have any soot around the ends of the exhaust?

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
raise the carb needles buy one slot

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
if it's had plugs then does that mean the airbox has been out? (I take it its the same as the adventure?). I often have air leak problems if the air box isn't seated correctly on the inlets. Worth a check.

Also - my mate DG did the SAS thing (950 Adv) then had a terrible popping back problem - turned out a small pipe had been left off somewhere ............ don't ask me where - I rarely listen to him in much detail ;)

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
I am with Shep on this,i have even did it myself,not that i am a mechanic by any means. A quick text message to Pyndon and i was all sorted in double quick time. It was the carbs,they held on fine and seemed like they were seated properly but they weren't. Remove both triangular inspection thingy's on the airbox and check both sides on both inlets. Also worth mentioning is that the carbs usually need a lot of force to get them on.....wrong,almost garanteed not to seat right.When they suddenly just slip on and it seems like they cant possibly be on....that's when they're on. Bloody odd!!
I now check,check and check again when i do mine.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Its been popping before the plug change. Hold it at any constant throttle say 40 in 4th and its as if it does a quick miss every now and then. It used to do it to the previous owner, he is a mate so i quizzed him up, he said it was the same.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts