KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

My SE is runing rough. Really popping and farting alot. Much more than usual.
Cutting out at standstill, so every traffic light & junction.
It will fart, then stall. Fires back up no problem

Air leak?

I got a similar farting when my air take off hose snapped for the Scottoiler feed on the cylinder head. I've obvioulsy checked that and that is secure.

I'm going to pop the tank and airbox off tomorrow to see if I can see anything obvious.
Is it worthwhile getting some fuel in a container and squirting that around the carbs etc. whilst runing ?

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Are the carbs fixed on properly? Certainly sounds like a leak somewhere.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^ I'll be double checking the clamps for sure

If I leave it on a little choke it runs better, no popping or farting. But obviously doesn't run that well like that

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many dealers telling me, nope, no stock gonna be end of next week for delivery to me<sigh>
But,if I wanted it fast I can pay a premium of £15:eek: and have it monday

Phoned redline they couldn't help me. They said to try Jim Aim.

RESULT!!!!:D
In stock popping in the post tonight, so possibly tomorrow, prob Monday:)

Looking at the intake boot, was probably some hamfisted spanner monkey as they managed to pinch the boot up so made a pressure\weak spot.

It's not too bad, but I've had to cancel my ride out over the plain tomorrow :frown:

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Bit of a shitter there but it does happen cos i have fixed mine up in the past only for it to be running like a pre 80's 2stroke with loads of back firing. Luckily mine never split. Main thing is that it is something easily remedied. Consider DIY in future?

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nearly all of the spannering will be undertaken by me in future. Except maybe the followers when they're due.

I've never taken it to a workshop in my ownership. So must've been a previous owner. I did notice the needles had been raised one from the middle, so someone's been in there

On a good note I can heartily recommend Jim Aim motorcycles. The part arrived in the post today :D
I'll be fitting that tomorrow

1 - 7 of 7 Posts