KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just giving the old beast its six monthly wash and noticed a bolt had come loose on the engine. i say loose, it'd come completly out and was just resting there. right hand side of the bike near the rear header outlet. looks like it holds the engine together or something. doesn't seem to be any oil/coolant spray so looks like no damage done. just thought i'd mention it so's you can all check yours :)

ps. it was i right bugger to do up. allen key head.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Fitting a quick action throttle to my 950 the other day, I needed to take up some slack in the cable at the carb end. Bit of a tight squeeze with the spanners in the air box but I didn't really want to take the carbs off. Managed to do it and fitted it all back together. I was just having a last look over before I fired up and through the window in the airbox, I noticed a small screw laying in the bottom of the airbox. Worked out it was a float bowl screw, so ended up taking the carbs off anyway to refit it! :hmh:
V twins - stuff comes loose!

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
Nah, Ive seen this come up before. IIRC Its not a bolt that does anything - nothing to worry about. Have a searchy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts