KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah i know what a woos, but i commute to work all year round and just want that bit of protection in the shitty months to come, i have been looking at the laminar lip screen on e-bay and wondered if anyone is using 1 of these and are they any good,or any other screen that they can recomend,something that dont need drilling as i dont want to mark the baby.:eek:

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Pretender screen

(no drilling required, fit on/off in minutes dependant on weather!)

·
Registered
7,060 Posts
I've seen a couple of the laminar lip screens in the flesh (Duke 2 and not sure what the other was but wasn't a KTM) and they look very very odd.

Have you seen the PUIG screens? Much better looking and have a 3-4 positions depending on the amount of protection your in need of. Here's a linky: PUIG linky

The only advantage I can see of the laminar lip is the fact there is no drilling involved.

·
Registered
6,914 Posts
My Pretender screen but...
... I don't normally use it but will keep it for the future in case I have a prolonged mway trip.

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
my puig may be for sale

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the pretender screen looks cool and no drilling required,the puig looks the buisness but drilling needed,mmmmm decisions.

·
Registered
6,914 Posts
Buy a spare headlamp cowl and fit the screen to that.
Unless they're like Yamaha prices, in which case it woudl be cheaper to have two bikes!!!

I did find some improvement witht he Prtender, I'm 6'3 but it's never going to realy keep the weather off, just improve the airblast a bit.
Same as handguards don't stop your hands getting cold.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Yes, you do have to drill some big holes in your bike to fit the Puig (10mm) and the best solution would be as ktmatlast says and get another mask if you're not happy with it - I don't think they are that much to buy but after you've tried it you probably will want to keep it on anyway. Mine is always in the middle position and that's fine for me.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I fitted a dark smoke Puig screen to my bike and I think it looks fine, it makes fastish cruising more comfy too. If you fit it and dont like it you could get a new mask, they're under £30, and then re-sell the screen on you original mask maybe? I reckon you'll want to keep it tho. P.S I think hand guards help to stop your hands getting too cold. I noticed a difference anyway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts