KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys

i'm new to the forum, first post infact. my name is buddy, i have bought an 06 ktm lc4 640, bike is mint, 1800 miles, but looking for a few mods and have read up on here about a few simple ones, great site with great info! but the question i have is, would the cans from a 950 sm fit my bike? i can get a pair of new FUEL cans very cheap, but they are from a 950 sm. they look like they would fit with a little chopping at slip on end, mate is fabricator so this will be easy fix. just wondered if there would be any problems with the running of the bike if i fitted them? any info appreciated, thanks for help in advance

cheers buddy

·
Registered
125 Posts
no idea buddy,i,m considering chopping a pair of triumph speed triple cans up(purely coz the cans look great)but like you,ve said there may be fueling issues so best to have it set up properly.if you decide against the idea pm me or let me know and i may have the fuel cans off you-obviously if the price is right for both of us;)

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
If you get them to fit, they will need stting up, ie the carb needs jetting ? a dyno

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Easy job, may need to change the settings a few times and eventually get it dyno'd

TBH, if they are free flowing cans, im sure there is a setting for them. I used it for mine, kin years ago so cant remember. Do a search on here for posts from me on D2 stuff, back when I picked up my JD cans. Cant remember who it was by it was a particular size main jet, didnt touch the small jet, air box lid off, fuel screw our so many turns.

If you get the settings it really isnt a hard job.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I hacked the origional cans on my 640 duke II and you need to tweak the fueling, airbox and jets to get it to run right again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts