KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..how do you do it!!?

I have taken off the handle bars and the 2 allen bolts underneath the bars. I have took out the pinch bolt and the big top bolt. I am trying to take off the forks and yokes as 1 unit, is this possible without taking the forks off seperately? If so how?

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
Undo the 4 pinch bolts on the top yoke, remove the stearing stem bolt the remove the top yoke and the forks will drop out the bottom of the headstock.

simples...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got another quick question, I noticed last night that I took out the bearings when the forks came off but the casing for the bearings are still stuck in the frame. How can I can these out? Or is it worth just popping new bearings in using the same casing?

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Nope always change the casing at the same time. Im putting of doing mine......

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Have a search on the google. There was a useful vid of someone doing it on garage night on a 950 adventure.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
this will be the bearing outer race , slide a bar down the stem and against the race/shell chap out with a hammer ... gently does it now:smokin:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers guys ill give it a blast tonight, need to get them out to get the thing powder coated!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts