KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hiya lads i,ve got the 600 mile service coming up,i,ve been quoted £250.is this the goin rate for this service,anyone know whats involved.cheers

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
at 600 miles fook all i suspect sounds like they are bending you over

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
My SM cost a bomb as they allegedly did a valve clerance adjustment - can't remember how much though but at least that and the price was the same everywhere.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Ive always thought its bollocks to charge for a first service, so you go out and spend 6 to 10k on a new bike and after 600miles it cant be used unless you pay them more for the privilage. They should make it free and throw in a butty and a cup of tea while you wait!

I recently bought an S1000RR and asked them if they charged for the first service (this is a genuine BMW garage so i expected the worst) the manager who sold me the bike said "charge for it, who does that?" so i told him most other dealers, he said he wouldnt have the front to ask for more money after only a few hundred miles.

If they sold KTM 690 SMC's i would be buying mine from them but they dont! Im gonna make sure they throw in my first service for free who ever i get it off!

Worst thing is 690 SMC's are currently £1250 off but only till end of August, i have to wait until september tho' for mine? Doh!! I might wait until the winter and some snow is on the ground then go and bid some hard up dealers in the nuts for one!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
to be honest lads i,ve read the service book which states "600 mile service free of charge".great i thought.only problem is that deal was taken out has part of the deal with the previous owner at sideways motorcycles which is roughly 150 miles away for me which is a bit of a pisser when my ktm dealer is 5 mins walk from my house.i,ve asked sideways to transfer the deal over to my dealer but as i expected they told me bollox.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Sideways were probably going to push it in one door and out the other for the "free" service and then stick some oily finger marks on the engine casings and seat to show they had done it properly.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes mate,your probably right there.i don,t mind paying the £250 has long as i know the jobs been done properly,besides which the bike been dropped so having it checked over by the pro,s wont do it any arm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts