KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks my 990 adv is bogging horrendously it rides great below 6000k rpm and with medium throttle anything above 6k and wide open throttle and it nearly launches me over the bars and bangs farts and bogs down what do you think could cause this it's only done 18k and only recently started doing this after a 5/6 months rest without riding or starting her any help greatly appreciated

·
Registered
370 Posts
possibly the fuel supply is the culprit. seen this on several occasions with Ducati where the fuel filter has been clogged, or an internal fuel line in the tank had a tear/crack so it can't build up enough pressure.

·
Premium Member
6,798 Posts
Unless you stored it with ethanol free fuel or added stabil or something you might have some associated build up. Before pulling the pump to do the filters, run a bottle of 'petrol magic' through a tank of fuel. This might do the trick. Failing that, there is a greek chap on ebay selling filter kits. I used these on my ADV. Loads have used these filters and they are good quality.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just fitted new gefr filters and took for a blast unbelievable fixed the issue and after looking at the tea bag I'm surprised it actually ran at all cheers guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts