KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clocked an ad in one of the weekly moto paers available in the UK.... and inside was an ad giving mention of a VAT free deal being given by KTM UK.
So, I thought I would test the water, and low-and-behold, KTM 990 Adventure R for £9812...... a bargain, I'm sure.
Now, where is my porcelain pig?:smokin:
Anyone here taking KTM UK up on their offer?

Timpo.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
I can just picture Timpo astride a nice shiny Adventure R .............. and it aint orange either ;)

But at that price it sure is good value for money.

Go on my son .............. do it. I'm sure not one single person would say anything even slightly amusing about Timpo having a KTM :rolleyes::rotflmao:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Are the fuelling/snatchy throttle issues completely resolved in the new Adv R?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Guessing not if my 2 week old Adv is anything to go by. Yes I missed the no VAT deal but I did get the pannier, touring screen and tank bag deal. No wait scratch the tank bag, the buggers didn't have any apparently I should get that in October sometime

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Having test ridden an R on Jim Aims last orange day, I can say that the R has no snatchiness at all (I just need £10K!)

Although it is tall compared to an '04 950

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Clocked an ad in one of the weekly moto paers available in the UK.... and inside was an ad giving mention of a VAT free deal being given by KTM UK.
So, I thought I would test the water, and low-and-behold, KTM 990 Adventure R for £9812...... a bargain, I'm sure.
Now, where is my porcelain pig?:smokin:
Anyone here taking KTM UK up on their offer?

Timpo.
If I could I afford it I probably will, but sadly I don't have the cash.

You can adjust the fuelling on 09 and later bikes. With the XC-1 diagnostic box.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Interesting...wazza XC-1 diagnostic box...my G2 cams arrived from the US 0f A this morning so I'll fit x400 today and see what difference it makes.

And er...back on topic... That is a stonking deal! I thought I'd got a bargin (at Easter) 2000mile old Sep Registered 09 Adventure for £9200...mind you it Akros and bling too (so I did still). But still that makes Japanese bikes look expensive! (who thought I would ever be saying that!!!??)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts