KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone advise on using one of my current Akrapovic can for a change to a 2-1 exhaust set up for 2012 990 adventure?

I would ideally like to simply purchase a 2-1 y-piece from Remus and utilise my existing pipe work and end can without the cost of purchasing a new/additional can.

Im not sure if pipe diameters of Remus and Akrapovic will marry uptogether and if this will even work without any major works to the system. Anyone any advice or experience in doing this?

The reason is to fit an aux tank to teh LHS.

(I will then have an Akrapovic can to sell - although it will be from the LHS)

Thanks

Barry

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just slightly off topic, i would be interested in purchasing your Akrapovic cans if you wanted to invest in a single system.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I did mine back in 09, straight forward really (although it was Adventure Specs own 2 into 1, not a remus, but as long as the diameter is the same you'll be fine)
Just make sure you buy a graphite ring or two, as when you take the stock exhaust apart, it may/will be damaged. Get a spare as they can be a pain to fit if not all the old graphite is removed, don't ask how I know.
Before removing lube all OE bolts and take your time getting them out, or have a hacksaw ready.
Personally I would put a tool tube where the old pile was, handy for for err tools :))))
I looked into the extra fuel tank option, but as my nephew has found out after fitting one two years ago, he doesn't use it.
Good luck ..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. chr999chr send Me a pm and we can discuss.

I assume the graphite rings are for sealing between sections of pipe? Any idea where these can be ordered?

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Isn't the Remus 2into1for a slip on silencer not the three bolt flange

1 - 7 of 7 Posts