KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,900 Posts
Dont forget to clean the pesky clutch oil jet as well. If you remove clutch cover and its dry in there, then its blocked. If it is, fingers crossed that your booster is still ok.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
See above linky?
£60 from OZ!!can one be made by a hydraulic hose firm I wonder, just take bolt off for size and have one made!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yeah they are a pain in the arse to work on. Looks good though.
Change the shitty tea bag fuel filter too.
What do you change it to?

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Those little plastic panels at the bottom of the tanks stop the majority of damage and are amazingly strong.
Those with some decent handguards (HDB are the best IMO) give plenty of protection. Get a side-stand relocator too.
Is the sidestand relocation bracket the. Charlie nut thing?

·
Premium Member
8,900 Posts
£60 from OZ!!can one be made by a hydraulic hose firm I wonder, just take bolt off for size and have one made!

Dunno, maybe, but by the time your running about and speaking to someone about getting something made up, you might as well just press "buy it now" and be done with it. Its a well put together hose with good fittings.

The side stand relocator is the Charlie item. That is another good bit of kit as is his oil filter cover.

I dont know if there is an alternative to the oem filters, but there is a guy on an adventure rider forum (Gefr is his name l think) who does a better spec filter at a better price than ktm.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Cheers ship

It’s mad when you get a new bike then all these extra bits come up which you just need, but have no idea about before you buy the thing

I bought a Sherco 500 last year and a bmw f650dakar the year before, it’s taken me a year to get the bikes how I want them!,

So I’ll be another year of spends with this one!!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
PARTS WANTED FOR BIKE

While or black front high fender and fork guards

Rear grab rails

Hand guards with metal spine,( barkbusters etc...) for when I drop it!!!

Charlie’s. Sidestand relocation bracket , oil filter cover!

Anyone got any bits before I go and buy them!!!
Let me know!

Thanks

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Is the Charlie stuff off the Charlie in this forum?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I've had Charlies magnetic oil filter cover. It's well made and the magnet is very strong i.e. don't put it down on a metal bench as it bugger to lift off.

I also had the fuel filters from Gefr. Again very good and much less that buying from KTM

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I've had Charlies magnetic oil filter cover. It's well made and the magnet is very strong i.e. don't put it down on a metal bench as it bugger to lift off.

I also had the fuel filters from Gefr. Again very good and much less that buying from KTM
Couldn’t find them gefr filters , anyone send I link!

21 - 40 of 56 Posts