KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

First of all I am aware that there are a lot of posts out there in regards to the SAS removal but this issue I am having I cannot find specific advice for. So......

I have recently removed the SAS system of my 2012 KTM 990 Adventure (Dakar Model) with no real issues until I started the bike up after reassembling everything.

The big issue is that I have error warning codes for MANIFOLD ABSOLUTE PRESSURE CYLINDER 1 AND 2. I have subsequently disassembled the bike and when doing so I found that the vacuum connection hose from the front cylinder to the sensor was not connected at the sensor. I assume that this would have given the error code for the front cylinder but I am at a loss as to why I was also getting an error code for the rear cylinder as well.

Is it possible that this disconnected sensor could some how also result in the rear cylinder error reading?

A previously reviewed post on the ADVRider site (990 SAS Problem help!) shows that the two spare ports off the cylinder heads (see photos below) are connected together using a section of hose. As mine is a UK bike and the parts manual states that these ports are for use in US only, am I being led down the garden path with this information?

Ideally I would like to know if anyone has any information and advice on this before I go back and reassemble the bike (hoping that the error code is removed) and then end up with the same error codes for a reason Im not aware of. I am really hoping that the reconnection of the front hose will cure both error readings obviously. But any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Barry

·
Premium Member
7,090 Posts
The ADV stuff is a rabbit hole - my uk spec bike has those bolted up as well. When l did the delete on my 990 adv, l did all the usual stuff shown on the www and got a dongle off ebay to ensure that the f.i warning light didnt come on. I didnt have the codes that you have.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying Ship.

Glad to know that I can discount the other inlet ports.

I should have mentioned I have the dongle sorted as well. My first action was to make a couple of my own (in addition to the one supplied with the blanks) to try and swap them out to see if it had any impact but it didn't. Now ive got 3 and a load of resistors! I am holding out hope for the reconnection of the front cylinder hose to the sensor I mentioned earlier but hoping someone has had similar issue and can advise.

I may just go ahead and reassemble with the front cylinder reconnected and see where I end up. Not like doing a whole lot at the moment!

Cheers

Barry

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
From what I have seen (youtube vid), once you give yourself an error like that you need software to clear it - like TuneECU.
The guy in the vid created the error by running his 990 SMT with the vacuum hoses removed from the sensors.

The guy calls them the air temperature sensors by they aren't, they are the MAP sensors. I have read that if you unplug the electrical connector they won't give an error but run the engine with then ON & not connected to the manifold and you'll get a permanent error.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Snake.

Ill take a look. Ill reassemble the bike and fire it up and check. I am going to assume the error is still there. A such I will then get onto Tune ECU. Im sure thats another full day of learning etc before i start plugging and playing with it.

Obviously any advice to be resources would be appreciated.

Thanks

Barry

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Have you dislodged the sensor? Happened to me after the last shim service. I knocked the front right one off, just enough to allow air in. Didn't realise till I put it all Back together and started it. Panic panic farting g and running on one cylinder. There is one above the l/h foot rest towards the front, behind the tank panel, you can see it on the video picture and the other one at the front right side of the air box.
Push fit jobbie, thought they would of been a it more secure at the time.
I could be wrong as I'm no expert.
If they were fine B4 etc
Also the fault one the dash cleared once all back together phew

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
L,

I checked that when I noticed the hose connection was off. All electrical connections were connected properly so Im sure that aint the issue.

Thanks

Barry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts