KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
You sure the battery is good? Make sure all your battery connections are good and tight, then try and jump it, have you looked at the starter relay electrics etc, under the right hand tank (whilst sat on the bike) common problem area!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Battery

I was showing 13 volts on the meter on the bike and got a green light from the charger.

took it off the bike 12.3 v and 1/3 full on the charger

I think I'll have to wire a direct connection to the battery to charge it.

jumped with another battery BOOM :D

never had a bike do this before, starting to crank then not,
always had slow cranking or relay clicking , live and learn :nenau

thanks for replies :thumb2

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Reckon it's new battery time, get a Honda one same as Ktm but a third of the price, once it starts going change it as the hassle is not worth it IMO

·
Registered
161 Posts
I may be talking crap here but I was told that its amps that are needed to start the engine rather than volts, ie the battery may show good voltage but may not be holding the ampreage.
Is this correct.
Tez

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Yep need a good battery with at least 120/130 cca but needs to be in good nick, as them are big pistons to move! And once it's start going its not got to turn her over and you then the click of death!! Mine was great after an evening on the optimate. But left outside work all day in sub zero conditions then it would just turn over and start, new battery in and would spin up like a spring chicken!

Stop press!!! Cal Crutchlow just got 2nd in qualifying great result that, Valy 7th

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
full charge in battery, won't even spin over :mad:
sounds like it wants to then stops.
When you switch on, the dash comes on, the rev counter sweeps, but the starter doesn't turn? That'll be the battery. Trust me. I know...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts