KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,
Can anyone recommend a mobile engineer in the Fylde area of Lancashire who can perform the tuning/mapping etc. on my 2007 990 SMR? It rides ok and is fun but I want to check if it is running as optimal as poss. Previous bike was the 2002 Duke2 so I don't know how much performance it can reach. The throttle is a bit snatchy in the low revs so I ordered the progressive throttle and now I want an expert to check it out and tune it up. Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found the local tuner called Powertec, so power commander, oxygen eliminators and K&N air filter are happening soon. The progressive throttle already made a big difference.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Going on from the above post, How is the smr now. Did you get parts fitted and Powertec live up to your expectations.
Hoping to spend more time with my SMT next year and recommended non main dealerships, is the route I’m going to take for any work, I can’t do.👍

·
Registered
177 Posts
Going on from the above post, How is the smr now. Did you get parts fitted and Powertec live up to your expectations.
Hoping to spend more time with my SMT next year and recommended non main dealerships, is the route I’m going to take for any work, I can’t do.👍
Dunno where you are, but Chris at Xbikes in wisbeach is very good.

·
Registered
61 Posts
thanks again. If it was a normal year I’d have booked it in and vaned it over there,👍
think in the next couple of days Midlands will be in level Three lock down.
At my age it’s best to play by the rules😱😂

1 - 11 of 11 Posts