KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bike hasn't wanted to start recently, low battery - have to put her on a charger for maybe 30 mins then she starts fine. Problem only started since I fitted a set of auxiliary lights so thought maybe they drew a current when off or more likely I'd caused a fault to earth somewhere while fitting them..

Went to go out today for a quick blat and sure enough not enough juice to spin up properly, been a week since last used and it nearly started so any drain isn't huge.. While she was charging thought I'd bolt on the metal TT sumpguard I picked up recently.

All went well till I went to do up the front bolt nearest the +terminal and the biggest fooking spark made me jump a mile :eek: ratchet went a fair way too

Earth fault then, gotta find the bugger now :frown:. Disconnected the lights and fault still present, can't see that I've caused any issues up by the headstock so gawd knows where to look first. I did fit some Rox risers but no leccy cables were stretched in the process

Any common chafing probs before I take everything apart

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Jusr run that by me again ............... so bikes on charge with terminals still connected on bike ?? you touched positive terminal to the ally sump and it sparked ?? well it would if the terminals are still connected ...or am I getting confused here somewhere .

maybe fitting the aux lights is purely a coincidence and the battery is just getting a bit duff , them big vees take a bit of umph to crank over

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah, I'm a crap story teller. Charger disconnected, all wires reconnected - as I offer up the sump plate to bolt it up there's an almighty spark from the bike to the sump/bolt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.