KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had to go to London for a few weeks so though I would get a few parts painted,powder coated,ceramic coated,anodised,shortened and internally rebuilt the wings cans,added a steering damper and gave it a 50,000 major service and clean up.Built a fibreclass seat cowl to stop me sliding back for track riding.CheersPictures by steve2700 - Photobucket

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jensen.The steering damper come from an aussie company called ralle-motto.They made one especially for all LC8's so you can use your standard top triple clamp.$649 oz and works a treat.Cheers

·
Registered
7,109 Posts
Awesome bike. Love the seat cowl as its unique and looks cool.... great work Silver Bear
Cheers Steve

·
Registered
153 Posts
That looks well cool with the low front fender and colours, great looking bike all round.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the positive comments lad's but because it was raining and generally a shit day,the pics were a bit crap being taken in my unusually messy garage so I updated my first post pics with some better shots.I am very impressed with the upgrade to the wings.The reason the cans are shorter was a bit of a stuffup.I hated the angelic wings logo so after removing them I had a local welder fill the holes with weld .But being titanium he failed miserably so I decided to shorten the cans to the inside rivet hole.But the real downer on these cans is the inside muffler tube.My packing was burnt to a cinder all the way down the length of the bottom of each can.The inner tube is a way to open from a performance view but keeps the can quiet enough for running on the street.I had a mob called Pipemaster replace the tube with an acoustic tuned tube.The difference is the original tube was 80% open[perforated hole diameter]to about 40% in the new tube plus the special packing they use wraps hard around the tube with no stainless wool.This adds up to a much better flow and a mean deeper sound.Has this added up to more power.Probably up top because it seems to redline rather quick but normal riding ,it feels the same but with a better sound.Next is a tune boy map to see if it improves on a PCIII map.Forever tinkering.Cheers

·
Registered
249 Posts
Silverbear - watch that Tune Boy re-map. The s/w is flaky as you like - I just had my SM-T done and the ECU kept locking up. A new s/w release from Tune Boy has a recovery option, make sure you have the new version.
They recommend starting with a Akra map - but when I looked the the traces it looked to me as though you could just leave it standard without fiddling with the fuelling. I ended up with 6-8bhp right through the rev range (2k to 9k) and revving to any given point 1.5secs quicker. Didn't fix all of the smooth running at very low throttle opening issues though.

I'd be interested to see how you get on and what you finally do.

Peter

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Phanson.Wayne who developed and sells Tuneboy has all ready mapped a bike with most of my mods so he will let me try before I buy.I will ride to his shop and dyno his and my map and see where we are.Should be interesting.I don't care about smooth running under 4000 to be honest because I don't commute and always keep my revs up anyway.The only time I find the bike a bit rough is when I try to cruise at a steady 3500 through a small town[ I live out in the country so no city traffic for me]so I just up the rev's to 4000 plus and problem solved.Cheers

·
Registered
153 Posts
Heya Silverbear, what did you do with after removing the Stepper setup, does it come up with a FI warning?

Does it need resistors to make it think eveything is still there?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, my fi light stays on and does the 7blink code which is the secondary motor FI warning.Have tried resisters and conversed with some of the smartest gurus on Orange Crush but no luck.Wayne at Tuneboy things he may be able to switch it off in his software so we shall see.Does'nt really bother me though because I know why it's on.Cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts