KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was asked to put a few lanes together in and around Chirk/Llangollen for Kev and a few mates and the plan was to meet up in Chirk for 9.00 and leave at 9.30am, in the end 8 off us were kitted and booted and ready to leave..
Riders,,Kev, Moby, Moby's mate, 2 lads from Durham, Scotsy and his mate, and Me :D

With all of this bling and clean Orange bikes and ktm Knowledge about who would have thought anything could go wrong

Without doing a couple of metres sweat was starting to roll

The problem Feckin rekluse clutches

Eventually Kev propped the bike against one of the trailers and got it started, and we left about 10.00ish in the end :rolleyes:

Off we went down the A5 towards the first lane and onto the second lane where I waited for the chaps to turn up and no sign, to find lots of folks repairing another KTM

Apparently the bottom shock bolt had worked itself loose :confused: and so it needed screwing in tighter,, So 1 bike 450 rfs 2 lanes 2 breakdowns :redface:

And off we went again to Alti-y-Baldi and onto HeartBreak which was very greasy and slippery and there were a couple off 50 pence moments going down there...
Guess what waiting at the next junction too find same chap (Moby's mate 450 rfs)

A puncture after Heartbreak, so as it didn't need 8 off us to repair a puncture we did a few lanes for 10 mins and come to do some maintenance on his bike

Here the link was put on wrong and Kev was being blamed for this one :eek:

Onto a few more and our chap with the rekluse was struggling again

Eventually coming into llanarmon DC at 12.00 ish and already I'm thinking cutting some of the loop out of the planned 85 miles, from there over to the deep puddle lane where a few bikes drowned and onto Tanant Valley, Time 1.30pm :rolleyes:

So a cut another loop out and headed up House lane were we spoke to the owner for a bit and pushed our bikes through and down towards the petrol stop Llanstfraid..
Time 2.30pm and we trying to get back for 4.30pm it was a long shot but I said the next was the best and some very good lanes :D

Scotsy and his mate were in tandem Rock grinding..
Kev having a little rest before his re-alignment

Onto Weak bridge lane and there was one lane down here for Scotsy mate

Then over to John's lane which I hate but it claimed another victim
Scotsy

Blood dripping down to his chin... I was concerned but had to get a picture first :D

By this stage Scotsy and his mate were Cream crackered and the next lane the Honda was starting to boil up, and the 2 Hondas were struggling

Checking his Rock Grinding

In the end one of the Durham lads jumped on his old bike and rode it up the hill for Scotsy

Scotsy havin a rest

Onto the Pheasant steps and Scotsy took another large fall and that was it he went off back via the road battered and bruised

By this time (4.30pm) bikes & riders were starting too fall and getting tired

The 2 smoker was feeling waterlogged and wouldn't start and then his mate Jas jumped on it to start and all was good.... UNTIL :eek: :eek: :eek:

PANDY LANE :redface:

It took us a little while to get up this one, in fact Kev was on the deck 6 times I think his 1/4 litre just didn't have the grunt :rolleyes: there was a mention off "is there a road around to by-pass this lane " :eek:
I think Moby got really lucky and did it first time the rest inc me had to walk it a little way

But after we got to the top it left Kev and the Rekluse lad down there struggling and so Moby and afew others Pushed Kev up this gentle Incline and the Rekluse lad well somebody else rode that up

After six attempts and various re-alignments this was a face that looked relieved to get up Pandy lane

It was getting late now 5.30pm and it seemed that the light was fading and Kev called it a day and we went back to the cars taking in 2 more lanes back to the A5

But a really great day, good to meet new faces, and have laugh along the way :)

Thanks

·
Registered
887 Posts
Brilliant report Knobby....:D

Looks like most of you had a really good day!

Nice one!!!

·
Premium Member
31,502 Posts
Not a single bead of sweat on my face, thats how hard that lane is ;)

·
Premium Member
31,502 Posts
Funny how the times he was sitting there with the camera and we rode by..... none of those photos made it onto the net ;)

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I know some the pics came out well and most didn't ... The action shots none of them came out good just the static pic's

Must get a decent camera next time

·
Registered
791 Posts
Looks like you all had a good time and very varied. I liked the report.... Kev a little ribbing there my friend :) I am jeolous!! not been out for 3 weks as I have been away in Canada - did not see one KTM either.

Apparently there are a load coming over here next weekend and also there is a 3 hr enduro on sunday... any of you guys coming to the `Rock`

·
Registered
55 Posts
Looks like you all had a scream. And here's another that wants to move out of London.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
250 the future:rotflmao:nice report knobby see the 450 didnt struggle;)
Nah the 450 didn't,, but I bet your mate from Durham Gaz on his Honda 450 has got a bruise or two after his off into the cowshit lane .. I missed the off , but I should off took a picture of him covered in Shite

·
Registered
293 Posts
knobby, gaz was on the 250X, obviously saving his front tyre for another day cos he did most of the day on one wheel:)

I've put a bit of video together from early in the day, OK its not too exciting but hey, i'm fairly new and i was handicapped by carrying the KTM repair kit around with me :rotflmao:

Sound is sh1te so turn it down/off

http://vimeo.com/15509586

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Looks like you all had a good time and very varied. I liked the report.... Kev a little ribbing there my friend :) I am jeolous!! not been out for 3 weks as I have been away in Canada - did not see one KTM either.

Apparently there are a load coming over here next weekend and also there is a 3 hr enduro on sunday... any of you guys coming to the `Rock`
looks like you had a good days outing great report n good pics.is that pandy lane the one with the big rockstep at the bottom?
yep il'l be there can't wait not many sleeps till we get there. am trying to get the 450 ready taking the crank to have the shells removed in the morning ,then chuck it all back together in time for the ferry. if not il'l go on my trusty 200 am the guide over the weekend hopin that i dont get wiped out by others coming the other way thats my only fear. the friday night ride out should be fun

·
Registered
6,171 Posts
good vids btw scotys

im the second vid about a min we call it yappy dog lane raceleathers did a full dissmount at this point which he ended up snapping the rear end off his ktm and i run into him for good measure :D its really over grown at the mo but when it isnt you can really get a lick on and its all off camber shiny stone/wet grass

·
Registered
6,171 Posts

there are 22 coming from the ribble valley trf so i have been reliably informed

&

i'm going to be there this coming fri/sat/sun/mon with 2 others staying in douglas. first time for me in the IOM laning although the other lads are veterans and know the area very well ;)

·
Registered
9,881 Posts
i know all those lanes like the back of my hand - i lived in oswestry untill i was about 30 - will have to take you round there one day....

·
Registered
293 Posts
It was a pity gaz snapped his HD mount early doors and i lost my spare SD card so couldn't record ANYTHING when we got to the much harder (for me LOL) stuff.

AC10's and off-camber slippery stone steps don't go together well do they especially when combined with a distinct lack of skill on my part but we enjoyed it immensly. I just got that tired by 4pm that i started making daft mistakes so thought it better to head back to the van.

PS. i didn't have a 'big off' on the pheasant steps, i just bounced through the first gulley a bit wrong and lost momentum, therein the short legs left me not able to 'dab' and i toppled over sideways to my right and i just had to stay there so as not to obstruct the others coming through from behind. After a bit of rock grinding by me moby (thanks mate) got the bike 10 yards further up to where i got some traction for me to continue up without any more mis-haps

The overgrown lanes in the afternoon were a new type of laning to me and dan and after taking my goggles off to stop my glasses from steaming up i came a cropper when riding through some branches only to find a frigging branch amongst the wispy stuff that hit me right on my glasses then slipped up and caught under my peak and dragged my almost off the bike!!

Thanks again to knobby and all the lads for helping out each other when needed

knobby's pics are probably blurred due to him laughing at all the rock grinding going on LOL

ian

1 - 20 of 33 Posts