KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas???

I was out with a bunch of guys on the byeways around Monmouth last Saturday when the bike got really stuck between boulders and needed some throttle to get it out and the end result was a lot of smoke for the next minute or two - then cleared away and back to normal running.

Several guys thought I should get it checked - but no idea what should be checked!

Its a 2010 450 exc, oil and filters changed regularily, no racing, 2,500 miles of greenlaning and byeways - should I be worried?

Any thoughts - about the smoke that is!
Cheers
ktmsteve

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
could have been the clutch overheating?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks - so would a clutch overheating lead to smoke from the exhaust? (This might be a bit of a "duh" question - but as I'm not sure I'd appreciate a reply).
Cheers
ktmsteve

·
Registered
440 Posts
You're probably wishing you never asked now.:D

Was the bike running alright once the smoke cleared, does the engine sound the same as it did? If yes, then forget about it.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Thanks - so would a clutch overheating lead to smoke from the exhaust? (This might be a bit of a "duh" question - but as I'm not sure I'd appreciate a reply).
Cheers
ktmsteve
dont know to be honest , sorry

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
though, i would keep an eye on oil level for a while, if its using some, then it may well be burning it, if it runs fine and no more smoke and no dramatic oil loss, then all is prob well! was the bike at the time at an angle? good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts