1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Sorry but i'm with Samba, Fat bikes cant even read it on the thrown

·
Registered
162 Posts
My gearbox isnt made of cheese but my SDR seat is made from concrete and under 4000 my throttle can be about as forgiving as Bob mugabe!!
PB all the way!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
If you search here on SD.net you'll find countless threads filled with people asking what they can do to help with low down fueling problems. For that reason, given he no doubt was handed a stock bike, it's easy to see how he came to his conclusion.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Fast bikes is like max power written by retards that have a mental age of around 4. I wouldnt waist my time and definately wouldnt take heed of what it said. Hey some people have to value it i suppose.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
If you search here on SD.net you'll find countless threads filled with people asking what they can do to help with low down fueling problems. For that reason, given he no doubt was handed a stock bike, it's easy to see how he came to his conclusion.
Fair point Pete, but gearbox made of cheese ??? I abuse the feck out of mine with over 6000 road miles and 20 trackdays in 2 years, the gearbox hasn't given me a moments worry ! ?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Yep, you've got me there. I must have done over 10K miles on tracks on my SD's and the gearboxs have been good.
Once you've adjusted the lever from the high position they deliver it in the changes are nice and slick.

I'm not saying FB is great. Last time I read it I thought it was shocking, especially as I remember the mag as a independent in 96 and at the time was my favourite magazine. I can however understand how someone can get on a SD and find things to complain about.

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
Stay away from bike mags. They're all a bunch of fat chavs :D

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Bike Mags
Funny thing is we all quote them when we agree with them...or they say nice things about our babies...............

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
True.

Despite that quote, it actually got a very good review in the test - 8/10, losing out only to the Ducati Streetfighter R which costs around £14k if I'm not mistaken.

It beat the new Z1000, Street Triple R and some other overpriced Italian bike with an old air cooled Ducati lump.

Anyway, I happen to like Satans throttle!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
True.

Despite that quote, it actually got a very good review in the test - 8/10, losing out only to the Ducati Streetfighter R which costs around £14k if I'm not mistaken.
That's pretty fair then - there were obviously lots of things he liked about the SD!

Any version of the SF is going to give the SD a hard time, KTM have really had nothing in engine evolution since 05 while the 1098 / 1198 engine has been the next big step for sports twins.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts