KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, serious post this.........

got in last night at about 8 from work, girlie got the beers in...pizza too(good lass).......drunk first beer, ate pizza, watching c.s.i on the box, got up to get 2nd beer...felt a tad dizzy......heart racing a bit......anyhow shook it off.....mind says i'm tired and after a big bottle of hoegaarden its not unusual........

sat back down with beer...not long after fell asleep...then awake...then asleep again, girlie says 'why dont you have a bath?'......ok, so, now in the bath..she comes in, says something like 'i dont feel right' then BANG! she passes out!!......i jump outa the bath trying to revive her...eyes rolling back in her head and moaning stuff.......eventually comes round but as im putting her in the recovery position i feel that she has wet herself....fuck this i'm calling an ambulance.........

waiting for the ambulance she says that she thinks it might have something to do with our old, kinda past-it boiler.........CARBON MONOXIDE poisoning she says...i turn the boiler off and open the front door....ambulance comes....

so now we're in the hospital...she has blood tests and i'm now feeling a little ropey too...headache and my eyes hurt.......as we kinda guessed...indeed she(and i probably) have got CARBON MONOXIDE poisoning.....23% in her blood ....so she gets oxygen and an e.c.g hooked up....they then look at me...red faced, eyes bloodshot, headache.......'get yourself booked in' they said, so i do, and indeed after a bloodtest i have 21% CARBON MONOXIDE in my blood, so oxygen it is for me too, also a heart monitor because i'd had palpatations........

she got taken to a ward but i stayed in the emergency room....listening to all the moans and ppl being sick until 5.30 this morning.......eventually got put in a ward and was discharged at about 9am..................after about 5 blood tests during the night.....they had to go into the artery as well....fukkin hurts i tell ya!!!!

SO THE MORAL IS...................and i beg of you all to do the same.........

1...get a CARBON MONOXIDE alarm/monitor
2....get your boiler/gas oven/fire......checked properly

we have been waiting/saving for a new combi boiler for the past few months but was just waiting til the weather broke so we dont go without heat......now even if that boiler costed 10grand i'd pay it for piece of mind...our old one is 'estimated' to be at least 25yrs old

if the heating was on all night and we had gone to bed....this message would not be being typed right now.............

sorry if your eyes hurt now after reading this but i feel like a cat with 9 lives now and i dont wanna waste another one............cheers...tel

GET A CARBON MONOXIDE ALARM NOW CHAPS...I DID EARLIER....CARBON MONOXIDE IS A SILENT, ODOURLESS, TASTELESS KILLER!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we are now, cheers mate..i cant stress enough how important this is......i might ask seth to sticky it...but i will be bumping this thread a lot.....

one funny thing that the doc said tho was the fact that a few ppl after carbon monoxide poisoning make rash decisions....so she advised us to not take out any big loans or make big purchases for a few weeks....strange eh?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Bloody hell!

Close one there mate. Glad your both OK
I keep putting of getting a new monitor but will be putting that
right first thing in the morning.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,016 Posts
tis rather..

maybe it was cuz u were so close to dieing (cant spell) u may wanna get everything u have wanted but cant rearlly afford. if you get me?!

she will want u to get a loan to replace your boiler tho. is ya missus out of a&e?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah we're both home, well have been since 9 this morn......i've been asleep most of this afternoon tho...bloody wrists ache......i hate needles......

i get what you mean bout 2nd chance so you gotta buy more toys tho......hmmm hold on i do that anyway!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
you were so lucky i see dodgy boilers every day being a bg engineer ,open flue boiler r worst so dont block up your air vents if you have this type of appliance ,and 20 quid for a co alarm is nothing can take it on hols with you
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
First post...

Glad you're both OK, CO poisoning is way too common just for the sake of a twenty quid monitor/alarm. Smoke alarms are everywhere, CO alarms should be too.

Hope you both get over this quickly and get that boiler replaced, or at least serviced.

Cheers
-Simon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,665 Posts
Glad to here your both ok sounds like a VERY close call ! Watch out about the docs warning re. rash desicions - you want to think long and hard as wether you can make the plumbing bill cover up the cost of a new bike !

Glad your both on the mend anyhow ! Beers on you then ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cheers to all.........beers on me....hey now that's a rash decision........!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,665 Posts
Ill have a Mingers and a slippy nipple chaser before you get your senses back !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
First post...

Glad you're both OK, CO poisoning is way too common just for the sake of a twenty quid monitor/alarm. Smoke alarms are everywhere, CO alarms should be too.

Hope you both get over this quickly and get that boiler replaced, or at least serviced.

Cheers
-Simon
i reckon that anyone installing a heating/burning appliance such as boiler/gas fire should maybe supply, or at least reccomend one of these as part of their service, eh?
i am soo up for promoting this.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
485 Posts
Glad youre both ok mate, good job you were both there. Thankfully theres no gas in my village so it's f*king freezing but no carbon monoxide probs!
 
1 - 20 of 145 Posts
Top