KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will my ABBA stand fit on my 950 Adventure?
I know I can use the centre stand for most work…

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nothing listed for the Adventure, just the SM. I wondered if anyone on here knew whether the SM kit fits the Adventure?

·
Premium Member
9,554 Posts
Get in touch with the guys at abba - they are (or were) very helpful. Saying that, the normal abba will only give you what the centre stand already does. If you want to get serious, then you need the skylift .......... or maybe a bench.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Get in touch with the guys at abba - they are (or were) very helpful. Saying that, the normal abba will only give you what the centre stand already does. If you want to get serious, then you need the skylift .......... or maybe a bench.
I’ve tried enquiring, but received no response.
a trivial query, anyway, as otherwise I shouldput the Abba stand up for sale…just wondered whether it might come in useful (if I needed to remove the swingarm , gawd help me)

·
Registered
11,370 Posts
I'd be amazed if the SM kit doesn't fit. Same kit fits RC8 and 1290SDR. I bet it fits all big KTMs. Maybe someone with a 950/990 can confirm theirs looks like this.

Liquid Drinkware Bottle Fluid Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
The issue might be the height and not the fittings.
Years ago ABBA did a trail bike stand that was a couple of inches taller than the sports bike stand.

I suppose a good test would be to offer it up to your 950 to see if it's even tall enough to lift the bike.

·
Registered
1290 Superduke R
1,040 Posts
If the swinging arm spindle on the 950 is the same as the 990 SMs, it will fit. The same adaptor I use for bith my 1290 SDR and 1190 Adv also fitted my 990 SMT.

You do need a bobbin of some sort fitted to the swinging arm if you want to use the front wheel lift strap though.

·
Registered
609 Posts
when I purchased my skylift they specifically asked for which LC8 it was, they then set it up for you before shipping.
I got it with the hoist thingy in the center of the 3 holes, I got the Monster 695 hooked up with the KTM adapters and in lowest hole.
I reckon the ADV swingarm pivot shaft is just a tad higher than the SM(T), so putting it in the top hole will certainly get you close.
the adapters for the LC8 are all the same.
I use the M10 paddock bobbin on the swingarm for the strap (horizontal and wheely lift).

·
Registered
1290 Superduke R
1,040 Posts
Years ago ABBA did a trail bike stand that was a couple of inches taller than the sports bike stand.

I suppose a good test would be to offer it up to your 950 to see if it's even tall enough to lift the bike.
My Abba is barely tall enough to lift my 1190 if I want to remove the wheels. It'll do it but with a 1" thick board under the feet of the stand it's fine.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Good thought. I never considered that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts