KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after owning the SDR for just over 3 months,my only real gripe about this bike,are the indicator switch,& the crap seats......
The indicator switch I'm kind of stuck with,but the standard seats are KTM's way of saying we have run out of budget,as truly no thought has gone into them at all..
So I contacted a firm to ask about the seats being reupholstered....
To which they replied,send us both seats,and we will do them free of charge,as we can use the seats as a template.......
Well massive gamble time,as I don't trust anyone on the Internet...

But the seats came back today,& look absolutely epic,with the quality of the leather and the amazing workmanship,I'm well impressed.....

Just need the rain to bugger off,so I can ride it !!!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,545 Posts
Excellent result.
I have just changed my car and one I tried had plain leather seats and they were ridiculously slippery but the one I have bought is the same leather but in a similar diamond stitch and the difference is remarkable.

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
Not to worry basejumper there's always plenty for sale on eBay

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lol as the clues in the title.......
As the seats were 100% free.
All I paid for was one way postage,but anything is better than the oem shite that ktm has knocked up !!!

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Lol as the clues in the title.......
As the seats were 100% free.
All I paid for was one way postage,but anything is better than the oem shite that ktm has knocked up !!!
You go for it mate. As they say, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

·
Registered
240 Posts
i just brought a Givi 56 litre top box for my 1290, not sure i should post photo's, ego may not survive the ribbing, but it sure would go nicely with that seat.o_O

·
Registered
217 Posts
I love the E56's with massive red reflector sections. Perfect for trackdays, especially if you put Pizzahut logos on them. :)

The pleasure of out hustling sportsbikes in the twistys while sporting a top box is immense.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts