KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have two wires identified as ACC1 on my relatively new 790 Adventure R, one under the seat, one in the headlamp

which are permanently live.

Anyone know why you'd need permanently live wires?

I think they are for accessories but what accessories would you use?

Why didn't they just make them so they only come on when you put the ignition on? (Like the two ACC2 wires which are

found beside them)

Tom

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I suppose if you're running lots of gizmos heated clothing, satnav,auxiliary lights etc it might be too much for the switched live so you could use it as a relay and use the permanent live as well
Plus you could set up the permanent live with a socket to charge the bike....fuck knows
Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
On my 1090 I used one of the Acc 1 permanently live feeds to run a twin USB socket with a separate on/off switch, so I could charge things up at the camp site without the ignition on. Seemed like a good idea at the time, but in practice, unless wild camping, I was worried about leaving gadgets plugged into the bike while not always attended. Now I charge a power pack up from the USB socket whilst riding, then use that in the tent to recharge headset, phone etc. The Acc 1 sockets are also rated at 10A, whilst the Acc 2 are only 2A, so if you have some high current accessories it can be useful - like a full set of heated winter gear.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
On my 1090 I used one of the Acc 1 permanently live feeds to run a twin USB socket with a separate on/off switch, so I could charge things up at the camp site without the ignition on. Seemed like a good idea at the time, but in practice, unless wild camping, I was worried about leaving gadgets plugged into the bike while not always attended. Now I charge a power pack up from the USB socket whilst riding, then use that in the tent to recharge headset, phone etc. The Acc 1 sockets are also rated at 10A, whilst the Acc 2 are only 2A, so if you have some high current accessories it can be useful - like a full set of heated winter gear.

Hi. Yep like the idea bout live feed for usb and charge pack.

I just had look under rear seat at ACC1 and ACC2, they both have stickers of 10A.

Ive got a 12v cigarette lighter socket which is fitted in the centre console as standard (comes on when ignition is on) and have one ACC1 left in the headlamp (and ACC1 under rear seat).

I fancied some auxiliary lights on the front and looking at the KTM PowerParts website they come with a switch so I suppose I could use that last ACC1 Ive got in the headlamp.

I'm gonna give it some thought....

Many thanks. Tom

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I suppose if you're running lots of gizmos heated clothing, satnav,auxiliary lights etc it might be too much for the switched live so you could use it as a relay and use the permanent live as well
Plus you could set up the permanent live with a socket to charge the bike....fuck knows
Hi. Fuck knows...exactly what I thought 😆. Cheers

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

IMG_6968.JPG

Hi. Thought I'd say, just found socket under rear seat that apparently is for a usb accessory they sell on PowerParts.

Not sure what the one on the left is for though, you?

Tom

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
They used to have plug and play alarms on ktms ,probably still do ,maybe for that

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi. Regarding sockets. Ive been told by my Ktm dealer.....one is socket for you to buy and connect usb accessory and the other is either tyre pressure monitor sensor or the angle sensor. He said it wasn't clear and that not to touch it.

Tom

1 - 12 of 12 Posts