KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1190 adv 2013-2016 analogue instrument display. When in bright sunlight I’ve often had difficulty reading the left hand display, too dim, becomes a real problem abroad. I’ve just read on the American forum one of the riders had his contrast adjusted at a dealer using the KTM Diagnostic tool. He said the tech tweaked it from 48 to 50 and the screen really brightened up. Ive phoned 4 UK dealers, none had heard of this, but they did offer to plug the bike in and see if it came up as adjustable on a sub menu. Cost for this plug in varied from £40/£60 or free if done at the same time as a service. Anyone had there’s adjusted in the UK and pleased with the outcome? Cheers Nige.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
1190 adv 2013-2016 analogue instrument display. When in bright sunlight I’ve often had difficulty reading the left hand display, too dim, becomes a real problem abroad. I’ve just read on the American forum one of the riders had his contrast adjusted at a dealer using the KTM Diagnostic tool. He said the tech tweaked it from 48 to 50 and the screen really brightened up. Ive phoned 4 UK dealers, none had heard of this, but they did offer to plug the bike in and see if it came up as adjustable on a sub menu. Cost for this plug in varied from £40/£60 or free if done at the same time as a service. Anyone had there’s adjusted in the UK and pleased with the outcome? Cheers Nige.
Only post I’ve ever made on here to get zero reply! Come on someone must have similar? Nige.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice one, next job to locate the brightness sensor, I’ll be on it in the morning! Cheers. Nige.
Seems the sensor is embedded in the instrument cluster, I’m now researching trying to determine if it’s the same that feeds the DRL it’s info. Thanks for the lead Craig!

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Once you've spent days researching and finding the solution can you post the 5 min fix on here please ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts