KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Heated grips a rack and some decent tyres on mine.. get on ok with the seat mucked around with various screens which was pointless as I ended up cutting down the original.. could have saved time and money..has wings exhaust on it which I like because its fairly quiet.. other than that all good wouldn't part with it

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
Can't really comment, it was already done before buying it. I have print outs if you're interested in reading graphs.
No, I asked because I had mine done and it was the only bike I had done at Hilltop where it made no difference at all except the dyno printout.
Was interested in someone else's opinion who'd had it done instead of the standard opinions from those who haven't.

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
Mine read basically the manufacturers figures but at the wheel not the crank. It made no discernable difference when riding the bike.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Have a look at the Dobermann exhaust, got one at the start of 2020 and done 4k miles and still looks like new. You can adjust the dB killer and get the sound just the way you like it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Just bought a small tank bag for day trips. I decided on a Givi MT505 bag with a volume of 5 litres, plenty big enough for a camera, disc lock, phone and bits and pieces. Got the BF11 fixing kit to mount to the fuel tank filler surround. 👍

·
Registered
65 Posts
Mine read basically the manufacturers figures but at the wheel not the crank. It made no discernable difference when riding the bike.
Had both my 2013 Super Tenere and my 2016 GSA 1200 done @ Hilltop. Both performed much better afterwards, but in rideability and economy. Definitely better fueling. Whether there was any more top end is debatable but the BHP figures did improve according to their print out.
However since then there has been some really nasty press about them, saying its all a con etc so I am not sure whether to have my 1290 done or not.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Just bought another disc lock, a Mammoth Mini U-Disc Lock, a bit larger than I was expecting with the word 'Mini' in the title. :) But it fits well and certainly looks beefy with it's 13mm shackle and fits nicely in my Givi tank bag!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I had noticed that my handle bars were fouling my new Givi tank bag a little on full lock so I added a set of risers which took the bars forward and up a bit to rectify the issue.

Additionally, I got myself a Garmin Zumo XT sat nav so had lots of fun, (not), striping off all the plastic panels to get into the headlight for the ACC1 pair of connectors to power the mount. The mount is attached via a ram mount clamped to the cross bar of a Touratech mounting frame. Stripping off the rhs side panel I noticed the radiator coolant level was right down so had to pop to Halfords for some silicate free OAT coolant. I see that this was an issue that used to be discussed on the forum and that once topped up the levels usually remain fairly static. Anyway, all's well that ends well - the sat nav bursts into life as the ignition is switched on. (y)

Left with one of the short black torq headed fastenings that I am struggling to find a home for - I'll have another look in the morning 😬

·
Registered
1290 Superduke R
890 Posts
I tend to take things off rather than add more stuff on. Did swap out the bar risers for the Powerparts isolastic jobbies and swapped the screen and headlight mask for the those from the 1290 SA-T and binned the OE rear rack for a sexy Zen anodised ally one. Otherwise I've mostly unscrewed surplus bollocks and stuffed it in a box on the garage shelf where it will stay until the end of time.

Only other planned mod in the pipeline is a decat Doberman titanium full system, which will shed more weight, and a remap. Won't be fitting an open airbox because of excessive noise when touring.

I did mean to fit a rad guard but Evotech, the only one I wanted, was out of stock so never got round to it and 40,000 miles later the rad is still unmarked.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Well, I took the plunge and purchased the KTM Powerparts Comfort seat, fitted ok to my 1090. Yet to try it as to hot for me to get kitted up for ride out, hopefully the weather will cool down in a few days.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Where did you get the tank protector stickers, could do with a set of them
Hi Solar, the tank and knee protectors were already fitted to the bike when I purchased it. I will have a close look to see if there are any manufacturer's details on them and come back to you.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Hi Solar, the tank and knee protectors were already fitted to the bike when I purchased it. I will have a close look to see if there are any manufacturer's details on them and come back to you.
Hi Solar, tank and knee protectors are made by a company called RubbaTech, here is a link to their KTM products on ebay: rubbatech ktm | eBay

Attachments

21 - 37 of 37 Posts