KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Passed an Adventure parked up at the side of the road on East Main Street in Whitburn, West Lothian today at about 3 o'clock, was it anyones from on here?

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whitburn? En-route to the Dardanelles - Passed through there on Friday (but not on an Adventure)
Were you going to visit the Dardanelles that's out at Polkemmet Country park resti? I used to play on her with my mates when we were younger, now she's all health and safetied with a barrier around her so kids can't climb on her and explore :frown:

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Were you going to visit the Dardanelles that's out at Polkemmet Country park resti? I used to play on her with my mates when we were younger, now she's all health and safetied with a barrier around her so kids can't climb on her and explore :frown:
I was just out for a run down memory lane (and some of the fun roads in the area). I wasn't in Polkemmet Park looking at that Dardanelles - I was up past the site of the old pit, which the old timers used to call the Dardanelles and before it closed it was the deepest in Scotland. Oh the joys of a being a teenager in Whitburn and a night out in Bathgate!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was just out for a run down memory lane (and some of the fun roads in the area). I wasn't in Polkemmet Park looking at that Dardanelles - I was up past the site of the old pit, which the old timers used to call the Dardanelles and before it closed it was the deepest in Scotland. Oh the joys of a being a teenager in Whitburn and a night out in Bathgate!
My dad worked doon Polkemmet pit for a while in his younger years, my wife's brother worked there until Maggie Thatcher shut it after the strikes :mad:

Ahhh, 6 pints of snakebite at Bathgate Palais followed by a fight at the taxi rank, happy days :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts