KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My missus just lashed me up with an Adventure parts Adventure rack i'm really impressed. Does anyone have any of there other bits of kit ? And are they all as quality as this rack ?

PS: They don't sponsor me or anything (unless they want to ?) just a general question fellas ?

Cheers :D

·
Registered
142 Posts
My missus just lashed me up with an Adventure parts Adventure rack i'm really impressed. Does anyone have any of there other bits of kit ? And are they all as quality as this rack ?

PS: They don't sponsor me or anything (unless they want to ?) just a general question fellas ?

Cheers :D
Are all the holes sharp on your's?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No mate its spot on. So i guess yours is rough ? If there customer service is as good as the delivery they will sort it i'm sure. If not then there is a point to this post mate!

Cheers....

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have the rack, and the air ram, and a camel toe & Paul sent me a free fuel container. I'm satisfied with the gear. Paul is a top bloke. Any probs with sharp edges on your rack bang him email and it will be sorted swiftly I guarantee. I see good things for Adventure parts, it's a growing company - that means there's accountability and a willingness to get things right. Paul rides the KTM, Paul developed the kit and used it on his bikes, his mates bikes, in the dirt - heat - sand. The kit works, it's light and durable. That's what you need from your kit.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Absolutely, I left an email for Paul with my views on the quality of the parts (my other half had a further surprise of an Air-Ram and Sasquatch) because i have got very fed up of the 'made in England erm actually China fall apart halfway through the trip' crap i have been unlucky enough to use and send back in the last few years. This kit is spot on and to top it all off Paul phoned last night (saturday) and thanked me for the email i sent, customer service goes a long way and i am happy with the way it should be pride in what he has developed, produced and put out there against fierce competition.

Buy British......................

Ps: They are powder coating the rack now so ask when you order, orange or black........sweet !

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
My mate had sharp edges on his rack. Just needed a quick run over with a file to take off the edges.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
I have the rack, and the air ram, and a camel toe & Paul sent me a free fuel container. I'm satisfied with the gear. Paul is a top bloke. Any probs with sharp edges on your rack bang him email and it will be sorted swiftly I guarantee. I see good things for Adventure parts, it's a growing company - that means there's accountability and a willingness to get things right. Paul rides the KTM, Paul developed the kit and used it on his bikes, his mates bikes, in the dirt - heat - sand. The kit works, it's light and durable. That's what you need from your kit.
how did you get on with the air ram? does it help the buffeting?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yup. It does just that. Like it says on the tin. I was gonna try cutting down my screen, but didn't want to reduce weather shielding - so it's worked a treat.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I got one and just used it on a trip away to the Ardennes. It was easy to put on. I strapped a 55lt ortlieb type bag to it with those green zuru elastic straps you can buy from costco or busters. worked a treat. Mine was a bit rough around the edges but a fine file, some fine wet and dry finishing off with wire wool and a bit of elbow grease cured it. Got mine for £28 off ebay as he was just beginning to sell them. He also sent me a camel toe which i've still not put on yet as a good will gesture. I sent him a pic of mine with a bottle of wine and 2 plastic glasses mounted on the back of the bike- he still uses this pic in his ebay listings.

The only thing i would recommend is putting some of the rubber coated anti scratch between the top of the rack and under a bag, it stops the edges marking the underside of a bag and leaving an alloy residue on bag. Something my mrs found out when i put my dirty bag on the bed when i got back and got the clean bed linen dirty- DOH !!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Are all the holes sharp on your's?
Hi Mate
Back on line... Sorry for delay... forgot password... Paul here from adventureparts... Re: Rough Edges on Rack... Send me your part back and I will send you a wow! Powdercoated one no charge ... just pick up the tab for postage ! please choose colour Orange or Black... Drop me an email and we'll sort for you. [email protected] quoting name and nvr2late.
Cheers
Paul
AdventureParts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Mate
Back on line... Sorry for delay... forgot password... Paul here from adventureparts... Re: Rough Edges on Rack... Send me your part back and I will send you a wow! Powdercoated one no charge ... Or can powdercoat your one... just pick up the tab for postage! please choose colour Orange or Black... Drop me an email and we'll sort for you. [email protected] quoting name and mhsnowy / friend.
Cheers
Paul
AdventureParts

·
Registered
34 Posts
My mate had sharp edges on his rack. Just needed a quick run over with a file to take off the edges.
Hi Mate
Back on line... Sorry for delay... forgot password... Paul here from adventureparts... Re: Rough Edges on Rack... Send me your part back and I will send you a wow! Powdercoated one no charge ... Or can powdercoat your one... just pick up the tab for postage! please choose colour Orange or Black... Drop me an email and we'll sort for you. [email protected] quoting name and mhsnowy / friend.
Cheers
Paul
AdventureParts

1 - 12 of 12 Posts