KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am considering buying an Adventure R but with a 29in inside leg its a bit tall. Is there a good way of lowering it a couple of inches or will I just have to stick with the Adventure. Any advice much appreciated.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
You should speak to Chris Byron at On Track racing - he does my stuff and knows his salt on WP suspension and will be able to give you advice on how to lower it, and will also do it of course should you want to go ahead.

I would have thought it is a matter of fitting spacers which shouldn't be too much, but all the same it is worth talking to the experts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for that I will contact Chris asap as I rode the bike yesterday and it was fantastic but quite frightening when stopping etc and setting of it is bloody hight.

I have a 990 SMT at the mo but would like to ride a bit further afield and need more tank capacity etc.

Don't no if the standard adventure would have enough go but it is much easier hight wise as I also looked at one with 98 bhp the black edition. :hmh:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Take the air out of the tyres, or get a really fat girlfriend who can sit on the back

·
Registered
330 Posts
Motomat you twat you beet me to my insight into letting the tires down :eek:
oh well good job i have a second idea :D RATCHET STRAPS :eek: job sorted :D

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
Whats the KTM part no for them ??

Just emailed it to my mate , his inside leg is just 25" :D
I know a guy like that, poor sod actually gets smaller when he stands up! I'd never mention it to him though, as he is a real fat lad, but he is as strong as a (small) bear!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Eat shite, put on weight and the bike will lower. Cheap option and you'll feel like you got the bargain of the century.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts