KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
I'm new to the Forum and just an old duffer really but my through considerable encouragement from my son (20, medical student - at least that's going to be helpful!) I've just bought a nice Duke 2;
Having only recently passed Big Bike test (we did that together) frankly I'm not sure if I'm going to manage to a) keep the bike on the road and b) keep me on it!
Any advice about getting started without killing myself?

Also, the bike has previously been lightly-used by a lady who had 'links' inserted below the damper to lower the bike for her. I want to remove them to put the bike back to standard height and she's given me what she says are the original links but they look the same length to me :-S
Any thoughts?
If I take the old ones out, will the rear suspension just go KER-PRANGGGGG! and all the bits will be all over the garage floor?
Thanks for help all
Andrew
Southampton

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Hello Andrew you should post in the Superduke board and they will answer your questions for sure

as for falling off the duke : ) well just ride like you did while taking your test for a bit till you are happy to open her up a bit : )

I remember when I first passed my test I picked up my new 640 and had to ride it home across London in the pissin rain in rush hour and I was scared as hell . stalled at every traffic lights and slipped the clutch all the way home : )

2 weeks later different world !!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts