KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've just had my 2007 690 SM serviced - and was surprised to receive a bill of £825!

Can anyone give me an idea of whether this seems reasonable, or whether I should complain? They did the following work;

TY160/60-17 D207e tyre - £115.95
TY120-70-17 D207Fe tyre - £89.95
Motrex Synt 4T 10/60 1ltr - £59.96
Sundries - £8.76
Environ disp chg (oil) - £2.88
Spark plug - £12.06
Brake fluid - £9.17
Oil filter service kit - £30.74

Erase 7 fault codes in DTC memory, re-attach loose instrument unit and fit tyres - (8.75 hrs @ 58.29/hr) - £495.60

I'd really appreciate any advice - I bought it second hand a few months a go and was really surprised at this! Unfortunately I can't seem to find any contact details for a KTM uk office where I can run through the bill....

Thanks,

Henry

·
Registered
249 Posts
Prices are a bit rich, to be expected from a dealer trying to increase margins!!
However, almost 9hrs labour at full whack - that's the kick in the teeth.
DTC reset's take a couple of seconds to plus in the cable, fire up the s/w, press reset plus the length of time it takes to recycle the ignition circuit (turn it on and off!)
Tyres = 30 mins
Not sure what loose head unit is - do you have ICE on your bike?? Even if it was a cylinder head it shouldn't take more than an hour.

I wouldn't be happy at all.

·
Registered
244 Posts
total rip off mate, the oil price 59 quid!! its like £14 for a litre of that oil! I wouldnt be paying that, there taking the piss! The tyres are also overpriced

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Motrex Synt 4T is expensive stuff. as far as parts go it seems on the high side but acceptable. however.. 9 hours labour is most definately not acceptable!!! wtf were they doing putting the tyres on by hand ?!?!?

most decent places Ive taken my bikes too realise that they can only charge a certain 'expected' time for labour, even if something unexpected causes them issue and extra time on the bike. they have to be realistic.. sounds like this lot arnt.. name and shame unless you get a reduction in your bill is my advise

·
Registered
7,199 Posts
did you agree all the work and 9 hrs is a joke as is the price of the plug oil and sundries brake fluid in fact thats got to be the biggest bill ive seen for a single cylinder service
complete and utter rip off

·
Registered
55 Posts
:eek:

That bill is only 175 quid short of a GRAND! Labour is best part of £500! That's more that a full service, with labour inc, on a 4 cyl muscle bike. And I'd still have change out of that if I got new rubber fitted.

I could do a service on my Fazer 1000 including checking and changing 20 shims in less than five hours.

Fockin Hell. Have they still got your bike?

It's theft

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
They must have used more than 1 litre of oil? Looks like a typo. The labour is outrageous. If you don't want to name the dealer, tell us where it is geographically ;)

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
That's feckin' Ducati terror-tory. You've had your trousers pulled down my friend and I bet they didn't even give you the courtesy of a reach round:eek:

·
Registered
535 Posts
Hi,

I've just had my 2007 690 SM serviced - and was surprised to receive a bill of £825!

Can anyone give me an idea of whether this seems reasonable, or whether I should complain? They did the following work;

TY160/60-17 D207e tyre - £115.95
TY120-70-17 D207Fe tyre - £89.95
Motrex Synt 4T 10/60 1ltr - £59.96
Sundries - £8.76
Environ disp chg (oil) - £2.88
Spark plug - £12.06
Brake fluid - £9.17
Oil filter service kit - £30.74
KY Jelly - £2.95

Labour for shafting - TBC @ hourly rate

Erase 7 fault codes in DTC memory, re-attach loose instrument unit and fit tyres - (8.75 hrs @ 58.29/hr) - £495.60

I'd really appreciate any advice - I bought it second hand a few months a go and was really surprised at this! Unfortunately I can't seem to find any contact details for a KTM uk office where I can run through the bill....

Thanks,

Henry
:frown::rolleyes::burp:

·
Registered
849 Posts
Its further than Ducati terratory. Last time I had a Ducati serviced it was about £500 and that ws the 12000 mile biggy.

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
Mine was £780, but then I think I got shafted on that one :mad:

·
Registered
940 Posts
Fowlers charge £199 for a full service on a single, so it looks like you've been charged £300 to change the tyres, erase the faults and do a loose bolt up

·
Registered
112 Posts
Had same work done on my 690 minus the erase 7 fault cost me £340 recent service £175,,, mate you been shafted dont pay get in contact with trading standards..thought it was just us females that garages ripped the p out off !!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts