KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellas after a bit of info got the full system fitted to my gen 3 everything is good, the issue is when I’ve been in traffic then going for the giggle grip to fly by it’s like it has a fuelling starvation issue ease off then go again and the magic happens .
I was talking to some bloke with one who said it was a fault with the fly wheel??

any advice would be appreciated
Cheers

·
Registered
KTM Superduke RR , KTM Duke 890r
266 Posts
Hi fellas after a bit of info got the full system fitted to my gen 3 everything is good, the issue is when I’ve been in traffic then going for the giggle grip to fly by it’s like it has a fuelling starvation issue ease off then go again and the magic happens .
I was talking to some bloke with one who said it was a fault with the fly wheel??

any advice would be appreciated
Cheers
It's a known issue after the Akra has been installed and remapped, the flywheel sensor is out of range and needs adjusted. I'm waiting on my dealer getting a gasket in before they can do the job.

·
Premium Member
2020 Gen3 SDR
789 Posts
Interesting - you say it's a known issue but I can say I've heard of this before and I hang around various FB SDR1290 groups a fair amount. Any links to sources of more info / feedback or posts by others that have had a problem?

'Flywheel sensor'....confused :( - not heard of a flywheel sensor....crankshaft position sensor?
...'out of range' ....more confused! lol - don't understand this, how does change of exhaust impact?....surely a flywheel or crankshaft sensor just reports the rotational position at any time to the ecu? What's to go 'out of range'
(apologies for any stupidity on my part if any lol ;-)

Can't say that I've noticed symptoms like the OP mentioned.

·
Registered
32 Posts
After installing the full akra there's a spare o2 sensor with no hole to put it in, just attach it to the bike anywhere out of sight and see if your problem goes away.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Interesting - you say it's a known issue but I can say I've heard of this before and I hang around various FB SDR1290 groups a fair amount. Any links to sources of more info / feedback or posts by others that have had a problem?

'Flywheel sensor'....confused :( - not heard of a flywheel sensor....crankshaft position sensor?
...'out of range' ....more confused! lol - don't understand this, how does change of exhaust impact?....surely a flywheel or crankshaft sensor just reports the rotational position at any time to the ecu? What's to go 'out of range'
(apologies for any stupidity on my part if any lol ;-)

Can't say that I've noticed symptoms like the OP mentioned.
Another owner I know had his in at the dealer for weeks, it ended up going to KTM UK to get sorted. My dealer has also repaired one and will do mine once they get a gasket in. I’ll try and get more info when it goes in.

·
Premium Member
2020 Gen3 SDR
789 Posts
Thanks.... what symptoms do you have? Curious as to why / how this apparently is an issue for random bikes only?

After installing the full akra there's a spare o2 sensor with no hole to put it in, just attach it to the bike anywhere out of sight and see if your problem goes away.
The Akra remap makes that sensor obsolete (deletes or shows it deactivated in the ecu 'software') so the sensor can be removed and the connector capped.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The Akra remap makes that sensor obsolete (deletes or shows it deactivated in the ecu 'software') so the sensor can be removed and the connector capped.
[/QUOTE]

So you would think right? After the tech took mine around the block he fished out the 02 sensor from the trash and zip tied it to ground, maybe my software isn't up to date, but it was what he had to do.

·
Registered
266 Posts

So you would think right? After the tech took mine around the block he fished out the 02 sensor from the trash and zip tied it to ground, maybe my software isn't up to date, but it was what he had to do.
[/QUOTE]
That’s strange as I removed it and there was no cap to blank it, got it remapped and hasn’t shown up any problems.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm not in an area rich with tech's and the bike runs AWESOME. I tipped the young man $50 and thanked him

1 - 13 of 13 Posts