KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have akro map for superduke 990 for TuneECU?

I found some download links but all out of date now, seems everyone rides 1290s and no love for the 990.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'll look tomorrow. I had the 990 akra map somewhere.
Its shite though. Far too rich up top, and the ignition is retarded at the bottom, it feels dead low down.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Looks like the only may I have left for the 990 is an autotune built map for my 990smr. Same engine etc if yours is a late one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks like the only may I have left for the 990 is an autotune built map for my 990smr. Same engine etc if yours is a late one.
I am looking for that very thing!!! I have a 2010 990 SMR with Akros and need a TuneECU map installed onto a 2008 ECU (pre immobilizer)... just the data file, not the whole flash which would enable the immobilizer... long story but I am trying to remove the immobilizer crap as it has let me down once too often and cost me a fortune!
I dont have TuneECU, or the cables, or a clue what to do with it even if I did so am also looking for somewhere that could install it for a fat-but-fair fee, can you recommend anywhere?

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
I have a TuneECU cable and I think I have an Akra map for 990sm on an old laptop.
I’ll have a look tomorrow.
It would have to be done on the bike though as I don’t have an “off the bike” harness.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I am looking for that very thing!!! I have a 2010 990 SMR with Akros and need a TuneECU map installed onto a 2008 ECU (pre immobilizer)... just the data file, not the whole flash which would enable the immobilizer... long story but I am trying to remove the immobilizer crap as it has let me down once too often and cost me a fortune!
I dont have TuneECU, or the cables, or a clue what to do with it even if I did so am also looking for somewhere that could install it for a fat-but-fair fee, can you recommend anywhere?
Sorry bud, can't help with either unfortunately. I only have an autotune created map left from my 990smr.
I also don't have a 990 to put your ecu on. Looks like newsh might be able to help you tho.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Knapper wrote this on a thread I asked about tuning work, sure they could help you out.maybe?
Knapper
Registered

#8 1 d ago
If you're prepared to drive 200 miles, Mark Brewin at BSD Performance in Peterborough has remapped and fettled scores of 990 KTMs. Knows them inside out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Great, thanks for your replies fellas... much appreciated. The ECU is arriving tomorrow so I will fit it and see if/how it runs. I am based near Shrewsbury so can pretty much travel anywhere (within reason), I will let you know what happens!

·
Registered
10 Posts
GAAARRRRGGHH... This is driving me nutz... nutz I tell ya! Got the 2008 ECU today, skipped up to the garage, battery off, fitted the bugger, battery back on... same goddamn warnings! Immobilizer 21, 61
FI 81, 91
Nothing at the starter button.
The whole point of this was to do away with the immobilizer! Another £200 down the drain #@!%#!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts