KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi lads just sold my xt660x and looking for ktm 950,990 supermoto whats the difference with the 2 would really like the smt version not really in my budget could i convert a standard supermoto ie removed front fender,Not to sure which model to go for 950,990 my wallet is telling me to buy 950 but i love 990 any recomendations for either what to look out for seems to be few high millers about is this a problem what mods needed etc Will be using for a bit of touring maybe two up and a and b road blasting are they any good at motorway speeds etc need help deciding thanks lads.:)

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
950SM will do everything a 990SM or 990SMT will do.

hasnt got the fuel-injected top-end the 990's have,
but if I wanted top-end rocket ship I'da bought a Gixxer

Excellent value 950's around these days.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
950 SM is one of the most sorted and capable bikes that KTM have ever produced ................. and doesn't come with fuel injection that can be a tad on/off in operation on a 990.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Get what you can afford, you will love either.......950sm has to be the best value for money out there...soooooooo much fun

·
Registered
125 Posts
justin i,m 2 weeks into ownership of a 09 950smr,i love it,just a shame the weathers s**t,can,t justify using a new bike with 600 miles on the clocks when i have my bmwgs for crap weather.theres some bargains out there all depends on your budget.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Get a 950 you will have to spend the rest of your time telling people it's just as good as the 990's.
Get a 990 you will just enjoy the ride.:rotflmao:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts