KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 02 LC4 640 (yeah black engine) and when I finally get it re registered out here I plan to ride back to the UK, now on motorways and toll roads I'm looking at 500miles to Calais and then another 170 or so in UK. But there's no way I'm going on the motorways so the mileage could be quite a bit more. Also not to worried about rider comfort done the trip quite a few times on bikes from yamxt660 through to ZX12r. what I am concerned about is will the bike make it. are these engines ok for that sort of thing. will only be sitting at 60-70mph dont mind if it takes a couple of days, got no rush. or should I just say balls to it and jump on a Ryanair flight.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I think after that ride YOUR balls will saying balls to you and prolly dropping off. The bike will do alot your arse and balls won't. Well not unless your a full time rent boy at portsmouth docks.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
A bit of hard work, yes.. But all doable. I'd pick the twistyest back country route I could find, and enjoy it. All you need is petrol stops within your range.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Wouldnt fancy it myself, the bike will do the trip they used to use the lc4 motor for the pari dakar not so long ago (so im led to belive, i`m sure someone will be along soon enough to correct me if i`m wrong lol) not sure your balls n arse will be up to the job tho lol good luck ne howz

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Not an engine that is famed for constant speed throttle settings and longevity ..................

"Tho' I've belted you and flayed you, By the livin' Gawd that made you, You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!" ............... with apologies to Rudyard Kipling

·
Registered
173 Posts
LC4ben "am I asking for trouble"

Yes....

;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts