KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today i decided to have a good look at the enduro wheels that came with my LC4 640 (2001....duno if thats significant) Fitted the sprocket with the cush drive no problems, wipe brow in relief that its all there and presume that the wheel fits the axle/spindle that is already on the bike.......look at the front and find i have a spindle with an aray of slotted spacers/shims and think to myself hmmmmmm however does this work......it looks totaly different to the end of the spindle that is currently fitted to the bike.....solution.....post pics on here to see what people think and then get padock stand sorted out tomorrow so i can remove wheels and try them on for a hopefull run out on the enduro wheels sunday :)

So no for the pics

Firstly SM wheels fitted (They are talon if that helps??)

Now Enduro wheels (Cant see a brant so gues KTM OEM Part?)

Any help on the would be very much appreciated

rob

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
That spindle you have fitted doesn't look like a ktm one to me (at least not one that I've ever seen). The other one you have pictured IS a ktm 20mm spindle. The 2 slotted spacers are from a ktm conversion kit to allow a 20mm front wheel to be used with later 26mm forks - you shouldn't need them. Top left is your disc side spacer - not sure about the other one though. Could be a spare spacer tube (inside the hub - between the bearings)?

Looks like you're missing a few parts from your speedo drive aswell (drive dog/seal?).

Stick a pic up of your front caliper set up. That disc on the enduro wheels looks like a 300mm and the one on the bike will be a 320 (possibly 310).

Not much help - but it's a start!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers mate

tried to fit the wheel today and got nowhere..........only option was to go and see the KTM dealer with both the wheel and spindle, 5 mins later i left with a new speedo drive ring and seal for the wheels and hey presto :)

good old 2nd hand sellers "aye its all there, just unbolt the old and fit the new"

never mind, only cost £9 including some nice fresh pinch bolts for my forks

Thanks to M&S newcastle

rob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts