KTM Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The weak point of the 790 gearbox and QS is 5th to 6th and down again. It’s faultless awesome at all other times.

Spark cut QS’ers are a thing of beauty. Love the bangs on shift.

·
Registered
10,201 Posts
As soon as your foot touched the lever it's changed gear, swiftly followed by me shutting off, engaging the clutch and trying to hook a gear. Felt such a twat. This modern technology.

·
Registered
10,201 Posts
I can see my 790 morphing into a 17/18MY 1290 but it would have to have the full electrics package from the factory. Once you’ve had a QS+ there’s no going back.

Anyone know this bike??

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/292532791130

I’m guessing this is what I’ll need going forward

Edit - timescales = 18-24 months from now!!!!!!

He's on a facefook page. Think its an ex demo. Selling it to go caravaning. I know, I know!

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
Only needed under hard acceleration...great then...
Exactly, as long as you are accelerating its all good.
I still use my clutch in traffic or anything with part throttle. Through towns etc.
Its a big lump in the SDR and if the throttle isnt opened up it can clunk quite hard with the QS. Its not a perfect shift every time. Ive done that on all my bikes anyway. No point causing unnecessary load on the gearbox.
I still have the brain capacity, just, to choose when to use it. :rolleyes:
But anytime you are smashing through the gears its perfect and bloody funny.

On my HP2 between 1st and 2nd it would sometimes buck like a mule to the right, because of the way the engine spun, and you'd slam ya nuts into the tank. Apart from that it was the best set up QS Ive used.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Not sure where your post went Charlie but I’d borrow her straighteners any day......

·
Registered
10,201 Posts
Not sure where your post went Charlie but I’d borrow her straighteners any day......
Did you forget your password and have to register again Moz, or was that another you on the rc8? I suspect my post went to space for a while.

How much better does the subframe look at the 390! There was no need to mess with that.
And main frame.

That lass seems obsessed with spanking.
Could you hear the engines pinging when they stopped?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Opened it up a bit more this morning. Great motor - looking forward to getting the first service done.

Switched to track mode and got a bit more aggressive with the throttle in 2nd and up she came with no problems. It’s a bit of a wheelie toy. I didn’t expect that tbh so another string to its bow!

21 - 40 of 258 Posts