KTM Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Tail tidy ordered. Will remove pillion grab handles (not me) and pegs too. That should make the rear a little sharper.

Hoping Austin Racing do a twin pipe Panigale type setup like they do for the Superduke for it. Failing that - need a decat pipe that will fit the KTM akky exhaust.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Who’s tail tidy have you ordered? The R&G one looks ok.

I had a test of one at the weekend and it was great fun, I’m sorely tempted as a second bike for fun.

I wish there was a few more exhaust options out there - the Akra is a bit steep for me.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Yep R&G. Will report back when it arrives on quality but the instructions seem to suggest it’s plug n play. I’m using the original indicators to keep the cost down. I have the Akky coming as part of the deal but I might yet just sell it on depending on what’s out there. I’m hoping someone makes an Akky compatible decat for it in the coming weeks as that would be an option.

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Getting tempted again.

This thread is far too light on pics though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
145 Posts
I stopped to take a quick pic of my demo bike:

It had the Akra on which looks nice but didn't feel like it added any volume.

Considering how long the bike has been around in near-finished form its a shame that the accessory manufacturers haven't been given a head start, even most of the KTM stuff isn't in stock. Disappointed to see the heated grips aren't integrated into the bike controls, this works well on my Adventure (I''ve got crap circulation so its always a first fit)

I had been forced to stop for a visor clean as I went through many, many swarms of greenflies :mad:

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Did you have a chance to compare or ride the standard exhaust with the Akky equipped version. If you watch the YouTube review Alastair Knobend Fagan rides he has an Akky bike and it seems more noticeable when changing gears volume-wise and popping and banging (which I love)!!!

I do wonder if the Akky will fit with the tail tidy???

Looks better with bar end mirrors.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Unfortunately not. I'd expect it to be a better sound than stock though, if not a lot louder - maybe there's an ornamental baffle that can be removed ;)
I can't see why there'd be any issues with the tail tidy though the Akra does seem to be wider than the stock exhaust.

Yeah much better with those mirrors, did you consider having them the other way round so the mirror goes down?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
A few layer of soaking kitchen roll left on it for about 10 mins. Remove and wipe off with a clean sheet. Dead easy!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
So can’t take the RH pillion leg off as the exhaust mount is part of it so hopefully when the exhaust options start to surface they’ll include hangers and the pillion grab handle bolts are integral to the rear subframe mounts so I’ll have to get a couple of spacers made (or shorter bolts) to lose that.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I’ve ordered a set of bolts to replace the ones that are too long when the pillion handle is removed.

I’ll get there. It’ll look miles better.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I’ve had an Evotech tail tidy before and it was good quality.

I’m still hoping Austin Racing will release a twin pipe shotgun decat setup like their SDR exhaust. If I say it enough times hopefully it will be so and they’ll even include hangers....

41 - 60 of 258 Posts