KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i 'm having problems with my fiat scudo overheating at speed, it's fine on slower roads but when i get on the dual carriageway it overheats.then as soon as i slow down again it returns to 90 deg as it should. it's a 1.9td engine not the HDI incase that makes any difference.

baffles me as i've never had it this way round before only ever overheating in traffic ?

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
get hold of spinup, hes the diesel expert

·
Registered
254 Posts
Radiator blocked (internally). Or When I worked on VW/Seat this was also caused by the water pump impellor coming loose and slipping at speed never known it on Fiat though.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Put hose pipe in to top rad connection and see what the flow is like, if the rad is blocked internally you can sometimes feel the cold spot. I'm not sure but if the impellor is resin fixed they sometimes spin on the shaft that would be the next thing I would have a look at its driven of the timing belt and they are quite easy to get to by removing the engine mount and the right arch liner. Really after you have checked the radiator it can only be the water pump, unless the headgasket leaks when hot if you can see bubbles coming up through the reservoir then that is the sympton. Not heard of the head gasket failing but it could of done especially if it has ran hot at sometime, but would of thought it would show up at lower loads.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts