KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whos got 1 of them awesome new 250 xc that have just come out, a mate of mine has just got 1 i havent been on it yet but the thing is massively different from last the older model 07-10.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yep I have got one and absolutely love the thing!

I just can't get over the power delivery. Coming from a CRF250, the difference is phenomenal; it rips if you thrash it, but also will quite happily chug up big greasy hills.

The one thing that I am trying to get sorted is the suspension. I find that it seems way too soft on the front end, which is giving it a tendency to wash out a bit when pushed and it seems to stop dead if you hit a hole that the CRF would glide over without even thinking about it. I have stiffened it up, but it is still not quite right. I am prop a bit heavy (maybe 14 stone in my gear), so will check the sag this week, maybe I need heavier springs?

Overall, I am deff converted though. The electric start is soooo much more useful than you would think on a 2 stroke as well!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats odd, my mate is probly 16 stone nearly all kitted up and he thinks the front is too stiff but the rear is amazing! when i had my suspension set up i said i would be about 14 stone kitted and kaise said i would probably be better going for the heavier rear spring

·
Registered
83 Posts
thats odd, my mate is probly 16 stone nearly all kitted up and he thinks the front is too stiff but the rear is amazing! when i had my suspension set up i said i would be about 14 stone kitted and kaise said i would probably be better going for the heavier rear spring
Interesting.......I was thinking of putting a heavier weight fork oil in, but as I said, gunna check the sag first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts