KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve recently had gearbox done on my ktm 125 got it built back up kicked up after few kicks left it ticking over for half hour cut it out put it away when I came to get it out next day just wouldn’t start. When I checked I’m not sure I had rubber head gasket in properly so I’ve ordered new top end gasket kit and changed them all again cleaned carb checked spark compression is fine really got me baffled anyone with any suggestions?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried new plug same problem. And it hadn’t been run for a while maybe exaggerated a little on the half hour just left it running while got everything tidied away.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure but I would change the plug and then tell us why on earth you let it idle for half an hour???
Tried new plug same problem. And it hadn’t been run for a while maybe exaggerated a little on the half hour just left it running while got everything tidied away.
Point i was trying to make was it was working fine now won’t start

·
Premium Member
6,840 Posts
Did you leave petrol turned on? If you have an iffy carb it might have sent premix into the motor. Would smell flooded.

Try kicking over with plug out (CARE with sparks and fuel) and petrol off. Give plug a warm with your mapp gas, refit quick and kick it over with conviction.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts