KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone booked in to the Wales 500 Road Book rally on the 25th and 26th of September?

·
Administrator
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
@Ship Do you fancy doing this? I'm booked in as I've cancelled Illyria Raid.

·
Premium Member
10,154 Posts
@BigDaddyAdz - l just had a look .... that looks good, but l am afraid that l can't commit to that. I am currently seeing the chiropractor due to bicep tendonitis ...... could hardly hold a cup of tea last week.

Thanks for the ask though - l wonder if @Dibbs is aware of this?

I'd be up for simar between then and your rally in september though .... we'll have to have a chat about it.

·
Administrator
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've pulled out of the rally because of covid

·
Premium Member
10,154 Posts
But you are doing the rally next september l thought you said? I meant doing something between the 500 and next year .....

·
Registered
230 Posts
@BigDaddyAdz - l just had a look .... that looks good, but l am afraid that l can't commit to that. I am currently seeing the chiropractor due to bicep tendonitis ...... could hardly hold a cup of tea last week.

Thanks for the ask though - l wonder if @Dibbs is aware of this?

I'd be up for simar between then and your rally in september though .... we'll have to have a chat about it.
Hi Andrew I was aware of this but broke my ankle recently so couldn't do it. Sorry for not replying sooner as not been on here in ages! hope you have now recovered Adz. Hopefully have a ride with you both soon.

·
Administrator
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
230 Posts
A good excuse to get some robust new boots if nothing else .... :-/ (gaerne sg12's suggested .....)
Was wearing my new Sidi Crossfires so they definitely saved a worse injury im sure, as the stiff sole and armoured ankle support stopped a more crush injury from happening

·
Administrator
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All set and ready for Wales this weekend.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

·
Administrator
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Reactions: alexko

·
Premium Member
10,154 Posts
Its a nice bike - good on and off road ..... even got a quickshifter. I think if l could only have one bike, it would be one of those.

·
Administrator
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've come to the conclusion that the michelin enduros can't really handle the extra weight and power of the 690. I think the best off road tyres for them is the Maxxis IT, front and rear.

·
Administrator
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wheel Tire Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
118 Posts
Wasn't even aware of these rally type events.
Might join in 2-3 years' time, once the enduro hard/enduro places have been shut in Kent area...more and more are struggling to survive.
Have you tried Mitas EF07 Yellow stripe? Quite liked these in mud and gravel and basically last forever (also have symmetrical layout, therefore could be turned around) These are slightly harder compound compared to Michelin medium.

·
Administrator
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Land vehicle Wheel Tire Vehicle Fuel tank

1 - 20 of 23 Posts