·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so how hard is hard?

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
SiShaw did it a couple of years ago.....
Loved it.

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive not done it but will be as paid the deposit.
If you do not mind me asking are you hiring a bike or taking your own? If you are taking your own, what does it cost to get the bike there.

Does not seem many entries, I assume people are concerned with the whole virus thing so hanging on, or not doing it.

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Umm just seen this " With an average speed of less than 8 kph " not sure this is for me.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
That’s slower than a club trial!!!

·
Registered
9,046 Posts
There's hard and easy routes.

I was going to do it this year but a broken femur has bolloxed me, depends on what happens i might not be riding an enduro bike again:(

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I was going to do it this year but a broken femur has bolloxed me, depends on what happens i might not be riding an enduro bike again:(
Sorry to hear that, hopefully time will fix it and you can get back on a bike again.

Well my mate who now lives in france has thrown down the gauntlet and entered the event, not sure what is the best way to do it, bike hire can be a rip off, get charged extortionate prices for anything with the slightest mark on it, I have a 300 xc I could use, wr 450f might be a bit big as will a 520 exc, 950 adv or africa twin:unsure:

·
Registered
8,632 Posts

Sad to hear that stumo. Wishing you all the best and I really hope you recover well and as soon as the injury allows.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
sTUMO, OH NO! speedy recovery

i know a few people who do it every year say same thing, the real nasty stuff has a route around if you really dont want to do it. lee come on get a big bike round there you can do it (y) bet you can if any body can

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sTUMO, OH NO! speedy recovery

i know a few people who do it every year say same thing, the real nasty stuff has a route around if you really dont want to do it. lee come on get a big bike round there you can do it (y) bet you can if any body can
Don't encourage my stupidity, it don't take much :rolleyes: almost sure my 950 would constantly overheat at these kind of speeds and africa twin is almost quarter of a ton, not that that has stopped me trying before.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
you only regret what you didnt do! come on 450f then? i only hear good things about madron

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Stumo, get well soon......Papercup broke his leg other day when we were riding. You could have a ‘healing race’ with him his is about 2 wks old.

Lee,i will take either the Husky 250te or Yam 250x not decided yet.

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
Stumo. I did a conpound fracture on both femurs at same time many years ago (road bike). recovery / physio etc seems never ending, but once done you'll be good as new. Did you have it pinned (the femur, not the bike)?

Speedy recovery.

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Stumo, get well soon......Papercup broke his leg other day when we were riding. You could have a ‘healing race’ with him his is about 2 wks old.

Lee,i will take either the Husky 250te or Yam 250x not decided yet.
What is it going to cost you to get the bike there and back?

·
Registered
9,046 Posts
Thanks everyone , my problem (apart from the broken bone) is the break is right next to my knee and that is causing me problems.

Lee, the style of the ride is in the name.... hard enduro, ie tough and often slow.... several places in the past you need bodies to get up and down places. https://flic.kr/p/2jhufMJ

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Jesus black.socks.do.not.work with those tiles mate.#justsaying
Gutted to see you injured, looks v nasty, How'd you do it???
And don't be a quitter.... Like me

1 - 20 of 29 Posts