KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As above, anyone put their money down on a 790 Adventure R Rally?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s actually £18k. 😱
If you add all the bits onto a standard R, not far off that price.....seems a helluva lot of money just wondered what thoughts are

·
Registered
948 Posts
It’s actually £18k. 😱
If you add all the bits onto a standard R, not far off that price.....seems a helluva lot of money just wondered what thoughts are
My thoughts are that you’d have to be on crack...

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Got one coming to the Sweetlamb KTM Adventure Experience fleet in a few weeks. :cool:

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
What has it got different to the normal R? as far as I can see forks longer and higher spec, longer shock, narrow rims to take proper off road tyres, sliencer. Anything else? is the fuel capacity bigger will it do 250 kms in the desert? Does it come with road book holder and trip meter or was that just a prototype?
Paolo caprioni who has done the africa eco race for years on a very heavily modified 950/990 lots of carbon fiber etc last year he was showing me how light it is compared to my Africa twin, chalk and cheese. He switched to a very heavily modified 790R for this year, it seems he had 2 engines let go, I think they tried to build a good one out of the 2 but no joy, he finished the rally on a 450 husky he borrowed from a rider who got injured.

·
Administrator
8,302 Posts
You will be lucky to get one. 500 being made and my dealer has only one allocated to him and he has a list of people who will buy it given the chance.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Was thinking of one but really can’t justify the extra over the R......can buy a low mile, 2nd hand one less than £10k now 😱

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
did a bit of research costing converting a r into a rally

My maths is £12000 for 790r £850 for akro wide pegs £175 £350 for carbon covers £4080 for explorer Pro front and rear, and maybe £300 for a new narrower rim, will find out if it has quick shifter and cruise so total is £17455 so saving £455 so saving 455 by buying the rally

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
cheaper option

So another option is buy a S second hand for £8000 akro, gaurds, pegs, suspension r seat £13625 but you will probably have to change the yokes top and bottom and screen of choice, Wayne had a new S not long ago for 8500

1 - 13 of 13 Posts