KTM Owners Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
TBH I think I'm leaning towards giving the Nuda a miss due to fears that it'll be difficult to sell on.
(I appreciate that this is an old post)

the Nudas are going very much UP in value as they are a bit of a cult classic now and people are keeping hold of them - My "S" model is probably worth nearly as much as an R model would have fetched a few years ago

if you can find an R then get it - its really worth the extra expense! - Ive had both and miss my 900R - the brakes were sooo much better and the suspension at both ends is noticeably more compliant on the R - the front on the S is harsh over potholes etc.. - to the point that I may try and put different ( adjustable) internals in
( the R makes identical power - just has one tooth less on the front sprocket BTW)

but the fact I'm on my second Nuda speaks volumes - awesome bikes - very "real bike" feel - and the most head turning Bike Ive ever owned
I did the NC500 on it 2 years ago and both the lads that I let have a go on it started looking on ebay for one...

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've got a Dorsoduro 750 as a second bike. Its brilliant at back lane blasting. Eats up litre sports bikes for fun on the tight twisty stuff. Sounds great with its pair of Akra's. I can highly recommend as a great fun bike.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I love the look of the Dorsoduro 750 and wanted one prior to wanting a Nuda.

I'd still very much like a Nuda but I'm concerned about parts supply.. something that never really bothered me before with jap bikes but Euro manufacturers don't seem as willing to maintain parts supply on older models beyond about 10 years. Added to that the Nuda is out in the cold with respect to any sort of manufacturer support, so it looks a bit of a risky buy to me.

I think also since I originally started this thread I love my 990 Superduke even more..:love: and just want to ride that.

Also wind noise is a big issue for me, and a fast Sumo has got to be really bad for that.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
What, buying the house or getting another bike?... both seem essential to me right now.. :)

·
Registered
15,616 Posts
I bought it from Paul Dedman motorcycles in the IOM, picked it up from Heysham ferry terminal and went home the scenic route down the Fylde coast / Southport. Spent a fortune on it then sold it, then regretted it, same old same old

I actually emailed the guy a few weeks ago but he sold its couple of years ago. Just checked and it’s still only got 6000 miles on it and not been MOT’d for 2 years. I’m going to hunt it down 😄

·
Registered
100 Posts
I bought it from Paul Dedman motorcycles in the IOM, picked it up from Heysham ferry terminal and went home the scenic route down the Fylde coast / Southport. Spent a fortune on it then sold it, then regretted it, same old same old

I actually emailed the guy a few weeks ago but he sold its couple of years ago. Just checked and it’s still only got 6000 miles on it and not been MOT’d for 2 years. I’m going to hunt it down 😄
Race ya... I got the number plate too 😜

21 - 32 of 32 Posts