KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2021 KTM 690 Enduro R, previously 2019 KTM Excf350 6 Days
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just fitted a Wings pipe and bike is due its first service in about 200miles (only done 400) so wondering whether its worth asking nicel if the dealer to apply the EVO1 map at the same time. Has anyone done this and noticed the difference? I was also considering a fuelling dongle and EVO airbox cover with foam filter upgrade, any experiences and is it worth it? The low rev fuelling doesnt feel great, a bit snappy!

·
Registered
886 Posts
I can only repeat what Gorazd told me re the Wings exhaust on the 2021 Husqvarna 701 (almost a KTM 690). He tested the exhaust and with the quiet and not so quiet baffle it runs within acceptable tolerances. However mucking about with the airbox will make it lean.....with the potential to damage etc.

I found that on start up with the "quiet baffle" it was a bit stuttery when cold. I fitted the "quiet kit" (cone shaped gauze which fits at the engine end of the exhaust and a slightly more restricted baffle at the out end). That cured the stutter but now it has lost that lovely brrrrrrrppppp. A friend has just replaced the aftermarket exhaust with the original cat/beast and swears it runs better with the OE. Heavy and hot though.

I would say that any changes to the airbox would necessitate a proper re mapping to be safe. I was informed by my dealer that only the Akropovic (£1216 !!!) and Remus were homologated and any other exhaust would void the warranty.

I'm not aware of a re map for the 701....told the only upgrade was the exhaust which didn't require a new map. Wouldn't have thought KTM was that different? Be nice to hear what you find out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found this and it seemed worth a shot:

things have def changed for 2021, but this leaves the o2 sensors in place so i hope mitigate the issues listed on the boosterplug site.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey Steve. Check the thread below out. There are a few of us waiting to see what can and can't be done to the 2021 ECU's in terms of mods / extras. General consensus is that there isn't much that can be done with them.

@Mattyboof - some of the articles linked in this thread might be of interest. Possibly why coober haven't confirmed a product for the 2021 model :/

·
Registered
59 Posts
I found this and it seemed worth a shot:

things have def changed for 2021, but this leaves the o2 sensors in place so i hope mitigate the issues listed on the boosterplug site.
Be interested to know how you get on with this if you fit it.

Everything I've found so far says that PCV or dongles just throw up error codes and any benefits advertised are eliminated by the ECU setup.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok so i bit the bullet and installed the CRT performance dongle on my 21/690. Only had a quick 20min road ride, but it felt nice and smooth, no warning lights.and no stuttering at the bottom end. fitted alongside the wings exhaust. hopefully can get out on the dirt over the next week or so.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have the same issues with my 2021 690 have now 1100 km. Done the brake in service but the shop did not do anything about my complaints about lowend jumpiness. It could also stall suddenly, this is worst when engine is cold. Have a Remus slipon that, as said in thread, should be acceptable. But still issues. For sure is the Remus slipon a blast up in the high end. Bike feels like flying and has a nice growling/roaring sound... but it should be nice with lowend usability/stability though. Will for sure concider CRT performance dongle or go stock [email protected] keep posting your experiences :cool:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Adding this to the basket for next year. Reckon I've got a few rides left this weekend before putting the bike up on blocks for winter.

@multiMc it's interesting the Remus seems to have unlocked the top end! I think the wings slip on I've fitted has done the opposite. Seems to have helped out with the smoothness down low, and I swear it's knocked some off the top end.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Tired of waiting for the Coober, I ordered the Kevxtx dongle from Australia via ebay. He has said his product works with the Euro 5.

I fitted it and it 100% does something over and above the CRT dongle. It oddly has completely changed the sound from wings can (less farty if you like). It is very noticeable the difference it has made sound wise and it seems I can cruise a gear higher now without the juddering. Much less popping on decel but that may be because weather has cooled a bit. This is again over and above what the CRT / AVDV dongle does.

I really need to get it to a dyno to get the AFRs checked. There is one a reasonable distance from me but dont have the £200 to splash at the moment (because I keep spending my money on dongles haha),

Side note, the service from Kevxtx was excellent. I ordered on the monday and it was in my hand on the friday morning, from Oz!

I cant whole heartedly recommend it too you just yet, as I said this has coincided with the cooling of the weather. I hope to get it over to a dyno with both dongles in the next couple of months.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tired of waiting for the Coober, I ordered the Kevxtx dongle from Australia via ebay. He has said his product works with the Euro 5.

I fitted it and it 100% does something over and above the CRT dongle. It oddly has completely changed the sound from wings can (less farty if you like). It is very noticeable the difference it has made sound wise and it seems I can cruise a gear higher now without the juddering. Much less popping on decel but that may be because weather has cooled a bit. This is again over and above what the CRT / AVDV dongle does.

I really need to get it to a dyno to get the AFRs checked. There is one a reasonable distance from me but dont have the £200 to splash at the moment (because I keep spending my money on dongles haha),

Side note, the service from Kevxtx was excellent. I ordered on the monday and it was in my hand on the friday morning, from Oz!

I cant whole heartedly recommend it too you just yet, as I said this has coincided with the cooling of the weather. I hope to get it over to a dyno with both dongles in the next couple of months.
Hi there do you have any links to this fuel dongle by kevxtx please
Boyd

1 - 14 of 14 Posts