KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in Scotland or the north of England that can do an 1190 adv ?
I've tried the usual searches but could with some firm answers.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Been lots of "bad press" about Hilltop lately, many people swear by them, others say it is a load of BS, don't want to start another Hilltop discussion here so...

https://www.ktmforum.co.uk/superduke/1360477-hilltop-tuning-fact-fiction.html

You could try John Warrington Motorcycles on 01653 698258, he has a great reputation and I know a few people who used him for other makes, worth a call to ask.

Not int he North, but if you get stuck you could try CJS Racing, again I am not sure about KTM, but he is recognized as a top Ducati guru and does loads of bikes, did a fantastic job on my Yamaha S10, also seems very honest and will say exactly what he can and cannot do. He showed me his software, how he reads, decodes and alters maps and spent about 5 hours getting the bike absolutely perfect on the Dyno.

CJS RACING Motorcycle Dyno Tuning Ducati & Superbikes Bristol ECU Custom Mapping

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers. I'll get on the blower.

I'm aware of the heat hilltop have been taking on here, hard not to notice!

I looked at cjs for the multi, they get great feedback, but for me they're nearly in France!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Try Hammer and Tongs in Warrington, spoke to them just before Christmas and they know a lot about the 1190's. Said they can de-cat original headers for £110 and remap was £400 if I remember correctly. That's where I'll be going in the near future anyway.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have used hill top before for a GS, it made a difference, did not cost a lot, I watched them do it,,,,,,,,,,,, they offer money back if you not happy (or Did) I asked about Ducati 1200 S they told me not to waste my money as it would not make a lot of difference. But certainly some interesting reading in that thread :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Madprof
Yep, lots of noise in there!
Ultimately, they're too far south for me.

Cav
Warrington is doable, I'll see what they say.

Cheers lads

1 - 9 of 9 Posts